New display problem..

Posted by SirJackie 
New display problem..
Date: December 18, 2002 11:05PM
Posted by: SirJackie
Hi. A while ago i posted a problem with gp4 in which the car parts and such would disappear. I reinstalled the graphics card, reisntalled the game and now it's fine, although im sure the problem was brought about by changing settings in f1graphics.cfg. Now, i have a new problem...the rev limiter and speedo on the TV cam view, as well as other views, disappears, and is replaced with a transparent grey box. There is also a white box in the top right corner and underneath the steering wheel it is grey rather than black. This problem was brought about when i installed the patch v9.6! Im unsure as to why this is occurring, my system is as below:

Intel Celeron 1ghz processor
320mb ram
GeForce 4 MX440 graphics card
41.09 video card drivers

Btw, anyone who has an f1graphics.cfg that works well and they have a system close to mine, if u could send it to me it would be greatly appreciated :) that may also fix up this unusual problem
Re: New display problem..
Date: December 18, 2002 11:41PM
Posted by: raztahz
well this very easy..... it has nothing to do with your f1graphics.cfg

you have installed the patch the wrong way by copying your files into your gp4 folder.... this will cause some problems with gp4

to solve this problem, you must delete and clean out your gp4 registry to uninstall gp4 or it will say gp4 updated.....

reinstall gp4 and use the setup.exe to import the patch to the gp4 folder. follow the instruction and there will be no more problems... :D

Date: December 18, 2002 11:51PM
Posted by: mortal
I'd like to know if the patch is installed, correctly or not ;-) If you suspect the cfg file, disable it by setting the flag in the first line to (0) This will force gp4 to use its in-game graphics menu settings. If the graphics still do not render correctly you will have proved that it is not the cfg file and that the fault lies elsewhere. Test this first before you do anything :-) Have you done any wad editing? Are you using a decrypted no_cd exe? Cheers.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 19, 2002 01:39AM
its how he installed the patch...some problem i had, but i do like to know i he installed it cause it might be somethin else

Date: December 19, 2002 06:01PM
Well, thanks for the help with the patch, it seems as though that problem was cleared up after i reinstalled everything and didnt put any files in the normal GP4 folder. Unfortunately, that old problem has resurfaced :(
The tyres and steering wheel disappear, the display is very flickery and the name only shows the last three letters, its just horrendous. I'm not sure why it has done this, all i have done is gone into monaco free practice, the display was fine, then i went to edit the setup, and when i returned to the track, all i could see of the cockpit view was the front axle! the T cam also did not show the tyres and wheel as explained earlier. I have some screenshots except i don't know how to put them into posts. If u can help me with this new problem it would be greatly appreciated
Date: December 19, 2002 07:16PM
certainly this problem should be delt with.... either way theres something wrong with gp4 and its interface....by the way is gpx patch installed?

Date: December 19, 2002 07:44PM
yep i got the patch installed.
im really puzzled because it was running fine one second then all of a sudden it just screwed up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy