Car Position in Garage

Posted by knxrc32 
Car Position in Garage
Date: July 25, 2010 06:01PM
Posted by: knxrc32
is there a way to modify the postion of a car in its garage, e.g. shift its postion to the left/right? I thought that this kind of info was stored in the track-specific anim.wad (track.anm).
However, I couldn´t figure out how this would work. Does anyone know?
I´m sorry, if this question has already been touched upon earlier. I couldn´t find this subject anywhere though.
Re: Car Position in Garage
Date: July 25, 2010 06:20PM
Posted by: neilcaine
I think you'll have to either switch your cars around in your cars.wad to match the garages or extract the garage files and driver names files from the track wads and make sure the names on the garage walls and the names above the garages match up with the order of your cars and drivers. I keep my teams in the same order as much as possible and keep a set of garage files in the same order to update each track when needed. - you could drive through the pits and check which drivers names are on each side of the garages. hope this helps or if you want more information, let me know
Date: July 25, 2010 07:05PM
well, that´s not really my problem. Team/car order, driver names, textures etc. are completely fine with me. My problem is that I want to shift a car´s postion within its garage by a few centimeters left or right, in order to fit it better at certain circuits like Istanbul, where the car postions are heavily distorted. There, all cars are misplaced, some of them are even placed in the middle of a garage wall or pillar (I´m sure you knoe this effect). I´m almost sure that repostioning can be done. I only don´t know how (shame on me).
Date: July 25, 2010 07:07PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
The cars are not misplaced at Istanbul, but the building itself.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 25, 2010 07:22PM
oh, I know. Being able to shift car postions would fix the problem though, right? Anyway, is there really no expert who would know how to do this? Is there ar least someone who understands the track.anm numbers. I guess, they have something to do with my problem.
Date: July 26, 2010 08:34PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Isn't this controlled with track flags? tho' Like Turbo Lover said, It would be much easier to move/reshape the building.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy