Both Original and Digital Display

Posted by Chris2k6 
Both Original and Digital Display
Date: July 25, 2010 01:10PM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Hey, sorry for another newbie question but ive finally got gp4 working, but now i have a new problem in that when using gpxpatch, i get both the original gp4 display and the digital display. Does anyone know how to get rid of the original. Thanks in advance
Re: Both Original and Digital Display
Date: July 25, 2010 01:13PM
Posted by: LWC
install transparent overlays into each track folder and that will remove any default osd

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: July 25, 2010 02:25PM
Thanks for that

Im also trying to use easywad, but it doesnt let me open up my cars.wad? any ideas?
Date: July 25, 2010 03:07PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Disable Arcade overlay in ingame graphics options instead.

Date: July 25, 2010 03:35PM
ah excellent that worked and much easier.

i click on easywad, it comes up with "associate .wad files with easywad", so i tick it, but then my cars.wad stays the same and i cant access it. Any ideas with what is going on? cheers
Date: July 25, 2010 07:54PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
Chris2k6 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ah excellent that worked and much easier.
>
> i click on easywad, it comes up with "associate
> .wad files with easywad", so i tick it, but then
> my cars.wad stays the same and i cant access it.
> Any ideas with what is going on? cheers

Try running Easywad as administrator when trying to associate wad files.
Date: July 25, 2010 08:58PM
Man what would i do without you guys and forums??? lol Cheers guys, no doubt you will hear from me again, surprising how much has changed since last playing gp4 about 3 years ago (or at least how much i've forgotten haha) Cheers again lads, much appreciated
Date: July 25, 2010 09:15PM
13 minutes later and im back :( lol i try to copy the files into the WAD and i get the message "no writing privilages". I've had a look around and cant find how to change it, also searched and got nothing. Yet again i ask your advice lol
Date: July 26, 2010 01:48PM
ok managed to solve that problem. Now im having the usual white car problem lol although only four teams arent working for me, the rest work fine. trying to install 2007 cars, change the graphic settings in game to manual and high resolution. Its seems to be the cars that dont have as many .gp4 files. Williams, Ferrari, Toyota and BMW all have only 2, where as the rest have many more. Can't remember having this problem previously so im stumped by it.

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy