2010 Tyre Texture Problem

Posted by rohan2302 
2010 Tyre Texture Problem
Date: July 22, 2010 04:12PM
Posted by: rohan2302
I installed the 2d advanced wheel shape by enzojz, replacing my 2009 tyres. However, as much as i like the look of these new tyres the screenshots below show what kind of texture/lighting problem i am facing. In the T-Cam view dry tyres don't look bad but the inner tread of the right front tyre is too bright for my liking. The wet tyres look pretty horrible as they have a bright glow going on and as i just mentioned, in the t-cam view this bright glow occurs only on the right front tyre. In the trackside view the glow interchanges between the tyres on each side. Never do all four tyres glow at the same time.
When i installed the 2010 rims by Lee i had exactly the same problem. The screenshots are of just the 2d advanced wheel shape that i installed over my 2009 tyres.
How can i get rid of the glow? I would also appreciate some help on installing both soft and hard tyres as i can't seem to be able to use both types together.

[yfrog.com]
[yfrog.com]
[yfrog.com]
[yfrog.com]
[yfrog.com]
Re: 2010 Tyre Texture Problem
Date: July 22, 2010 04:40PM
Posted by: LWC
looks like your using env maps, also check the line in the cfg file that says enable advanced car shader and set it to 1

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: July 22, 2010 05:47PM
advanced car shader is already set to 1. as for env. maps these are the settings -

1 ; [MAIN VIEW] Enable static environment reflections (0=>off 1=>on) v3
100 ; [MAIN VIEW] Enable dynamic environment reflections to X metres (for advanced carshader only) v3
1 ; [MAIN VIEW] Max number of dynamic envmaps to use (1 to 22(!), 0=>off - for advanced carshader only) v3

what should i do?
what about this -

0 ; [MAIN VIEW] If using advanced car shader, then we can also (optionally) use improved wheel lighting
Date: July 22, 2010 06:02PM
Posted by: LWC
turn env maps off and try again, they look @#$%& in gp4 anyway and too processor heavy

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: July 22, 2010 06:47PM
Posted by: vesuvius
0 ; [MAIN VIEW] If using advanced car shader, then we can also (optionally) use improved wheel lighting

that's the answer change this line so it says

1 ; [MAIN VIEW] If using advanced car shader, then we can also (optionally) use improved wheel lighting

dynamic envmaps look good in my game at least :)
Date: July 23, 2010 12:16AM
thanks, that fixed the glow problem!

i have a couple of other issues that i need help with -

1. all my cars have a purple rim around the wheel nut and i want to change it to some kind of neutral color, check out this screenshot - [yfrog.com]
can the color be changed at all or does it come with the tyre shapes and textures?

2. is it possible to use both hard and soft tyres? do i have to rename one to bridgestone and the other to michelin ? i have tried a few tricks but it hasn't worked for me... i am able to use only one type of tyre at one time, for example, if i am using soft tyres then all the tyres including wets have the green rim and the same for the hard tyres, i.e., none of the tyres have the green tread. how does this work? Please help me figure this out.
Date: July 23, 2010 02:45AM
thanks, that fixed the glow problem!

i have a couple of other issues that i need help with -

1. all my cars have a purple rim around the wheel nut and i want to change it to some kind of neutral color, check out this screenshot - [yfrog.com]
can the color be changed at all or does it come with the tyre shapes and textures?

2. is it possible to use both hard and soft tyres? do i have to rename one to bridgestone and the other to michelin ? i have tried a few tricks but it hasn't worked for me... i am able to use only one type of tyre at one time, for example, if i am using soft tyres then all the tyres including wets have the green rim and the same for the hard tyres, i.e., none of the tyres have the green tread. how does this work? Please help me figure this out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy