nuff respect
athlon xp 2000
geforce 4 460
soundblaster 5.1
768 ddr ram
Re: cleaning out registry
Date: December 14, 2002 07:54PM
Posted by: mortal
Welcome, use the start/run menu, type in regedit, if you have a default installation search for infogrames entries and delete them. What OS are you using? WinME? XP? There have been posts on crash fixes by Morbid recently for these OS. Maybe there is some useful info there. Are you using the correct decrypted no_cd exe for your patched version? Cleaning out your registry is only useful if you do an uninstall and re-install without the v9.6patch. If you make a mistake editing your registry you run the risk of your OS failing completely so be careful. Make a backup :-) What you need to do is get gp4 up and running without applying the patch if possible. If you can get that far then copy the working dir and apply the patch to the new copy and test again. Usually you should get an improvement with the patch applied but apparently not in your case. It's a bitch of a game to get up and going for some users but you will get plenty of help here ;-) You have moe than adequate system specs so you shouldn't really have a problem. Keep at it m8.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 14, 2002 09:21PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
or type msconfig and go to the startup tab

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: December 14, 2002 11:15PM
Posted by: mortal
Note that msconfig/startup is used only to edit which programs will load to your system on startup ;-), it has nothing to do with your registry, probably only useful if you think that you have too many applications loading and using up resources that could be used by gp4, given that you have 700mb+ of ram I doubt that you will need it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy