Game Over in Brazil- GP4

Posted by RodP 
Game Over in Brazil- GP4
Date: December 14, 2002 03:07PM
Posted by: RodP
Hi folks,

Can anyone out there help us? My buddy and I have played GP for years. We send the file, once it fades, to each other via email.

We started GP4 "Season" at the semi-pro level and got as far as Brazil. The race doesn't end for us. We both have tried on our different computers. The cars just slow down and keep circulating. If U "accelerate game", it freezes but music still plays and U have to re-boot. I have tried "accelerate game" halfway thru and it will run to the end of the race and freeze again. I have run the "Official patch".

We are stuck.

Any help for us???

Thanks,
Rod.
Re: Game Over in Brazil- GP4
Date: December 14, 2002 03:28PM
Posted by: tux
that sounds to me like the gpxpatch bug. just redownload it and its fixed

Date: December 14, 2002 03:31PM
Thanks for the reply so quick. Is the patch that you mention, the Patch version 9.6 at the official site ie infogrames.com? or something else?

Thanks,

Rod.
Date: December 15, 2002 02:55AM
Posted by: Morbid
It is the 3rd party program that can be found here:

[www.xs4all.nl]

The newest version should fix that bug.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 15, 2002 12:02PM
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the help offered. I tried running GPx patch and that didn't solve it. BUT, by playing around, I discovered that the 2 Williams cars were stuck in the pits. The one receiving service was there for about+ 2500 sec. By knocking the cars with mine, the "Race Over" came up.

By the way, when I ran GPXpatch, even though the game said 72/72 laps, GPX said 0/72 laps???

Thanks a lot. This forum is great.

Rod.
Date: December 15, 2002 12:30PM
Posted by: Glyn
Thanks a lot. This forum is great.

Arrr, so sweet :)

Date: December 16, 2002 07:34AM
Posted by: anze89
By the way, when I ran GPXpatch, even though the game said 72/72 laps, GPX said 0/72 laps???

That are the laps to the end of the race.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy