life-like impressions

Posted by Rodent 
life-like impressions
Date: December 11, 2002 02:54PM
Posted by: Rodent
Do you know the feeling when you lift something up that you expect to be real heavy and it then turns out to be rather light? This starnge feeling of not trusting your sneses anymore? I had just had a similar impression with GP4.

Up till now I have been using right foot for gas and left food for braking. As some F1 drivers do not use their left foot at all, I tried the same. So I was going fast at Spa, took Blanchimont flat out and headed towards busstop chicane. I then took my right foot off the gas and on the brake. Now, that is exactly what I do in my private car: accelerate right AND brake right. So the moment when I lifted the foot off one pedal and put it on the brakes was obviously something my body recognized, so it subconciously prepared for being thrown forward like I was really braking hard. Like lifting up something light that you thought was heavy, I had this starnge feeling of not being in control of my senses anymore - just like zero gravity.

The impression of speed and the look of the game must be so realistic that it really fooled my mind and body. I never had this before in any racing game (and I have tried almost all of them).

Michael Schumacher is sooooooooooooo cute!!
Re: life-like impressions
Date: December 11, 2002 02:56PM
Posted by: Vader
I know what you mean. I had the same feeling.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 11, 2002 04:32PM
Posted by: President
I think what is happening here is that the impressessions of the speed are temporarily - but permanently - getting the best of your brain. At least, this is my opinion, in my opinion.
Date: December 11, 2002 04:44PM
Posted by: LS.
i get the sort of thing you talking about , only i can relate to it in a different manner.

when i get bored driving whilst out at work i try left foot braking in my car, now its second nature doing it in GP4 and other racing sims but when you try it in real life its totally different.

many times i've nearly whacked my head on the windscreen because i have braked too heavily.

try it but make sure theres no one in the vicinity of you that might result in a crash.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 11, 2002 06:03PM
Posted by: Larry
I would just say that you're going insane.

Date: December 12, 2002 01:33AM
Posted by: Boomy
Why don't you try with a real helmet weared during GP4?

And in addition a pair of race gloves can make the rest.

Let us know

Boomer
Date: December 12, 2002 02:37AM
Posted by: mortal
As well as a helmet and gloves you also need a fan strategically placed to create the illusion of wind, don't forget to turn it off when you enter the pits ;-) Haven't seen Nuclear Rodent for a while? Been in hiding through a nuclear winter maybe? Cheers.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 12, 2002 03:44AM
Posted by: Boomy
Yes indeed !

This you mentioned is chapter 1 in reality show,but chapter 2 speaks about : " How to reproduce wet condition in your GP4 room " .

I find it quite interesting,even if my moquettes does not.

Boomy
Date: December 12, 2002 04:15AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Interesting story. Looks like someone forgot to logout though ;-)

Date: December 12, 2002 05:51AM
*coughs*

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 12, 2002 08:42AM
Posted by: President
Move along, folks! Nothing to see here!

Ooh, look, it's Vader! Crowd around, folks!
Date: December 12, 2002 09:06AM
Posted by: renyf1
i'm glad someone bravely confessed up to getting that sensation...i thought it was just me

i have a friend who gets a little sick after seeing video games.....i didn't believe her so i let her play Decent.....my god....it was funny and true....no she didn't puke (thank god)

i've been left braking on my real car since like 89....i had watched some show on the Audi Quattro system and Hans Stuk was saying how he used his left foot so i gave it a try....been hooked ever since......its weird doing it the normal way
Date: December 12, 2002 12:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Move along, folks! Nothing to see here!

Ooh, look, it's Vader! Crowd around, folks!

hehe nice quote ;)

Date: December 12, 2002 12:10PM
Posted by: Glyn
Here is a good one. If you have a video camera video yourself playing GP4, or any other realisic racing game for that matter. Ive discovered that good racing games make you lean your head into the corner, where rubbish ones dont.

Video yourself and play it back - now thats a weird movie!

Date: December 12, 2002 02:46PM
You can try the same on the toilet, in bed with your girl, at the dentist or while getting drunk in a bar. Your family will have a good laugh ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 12, 2002 04:04PM
i like life like impressions

heres my impression of Frank Spencer

"OOH Betsy the cat done a shitt"

LS's Tip of the week
Date: December 12, 2002 04:06PM
and heres my impression of the bloke that lives 3 doors down from me.

"OI get of my @#$%& fence!!!"

LS's Tip of the week
Date: December 13, 2002 02:49AM
Posted by: Ellis
hehe LS, what u doin on his fence? ;)

Here is a good one. If you have a video camera video yourself playing GP4, or any other realisic racing game for that matter. Ive discovered that good racing games make you lean your head into the corner, where rubbish ones dont.

hmm....i do this in nascar 2002, but not GP4.... :S

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 13, 2002 06:54AM
Posted by: LarryM
"its weird doing it the normal way". Havn't doen it in the normal way since 2nd year of marriage. Well maybe once or twice.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: December 13, 2002 11:01AM
I like it from behind, so that that I don't have to make a friendly face all the time.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy