Tex files & lods file naming question.

Posted by mortal 
Tex files & lods file naming question.
Date: June 28, 2010 11:17PM
Posted by: mortal
Can anyone tell me if the name of a tex file is tied to the lods. In other words, if the car tex file is renamed, will it still work? If this is the case, what program would you need to resolve this so the tex file could be renamed without causing a problem?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Tex files & lods file naming question.
Date: June 28, 2010 11:20PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
the tex is tied to the lods
if you rename the tex, the car wont be able to find it
to resolve it use GP4builder/3deditor, go to -> tools -> rename textures
then enter the new name of the tex file. for example if you have a texture hi_car.tex it should be car.tga to work (texture settings on hi ingame then)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: June 29, 2010 10:59AM
Posted by: mortal
Thanks Maikel, I might have renamed some car textures for the GPGSL mod so I will have to complete the changes in GP4 builder by the look of it. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 29, 2010 08:37PM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
You could use GP4 Builder just to see what textures the lod's are looking for. Then rename the tex files accordingly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy