Rendering Shadows/Texture baking in 3ds?

Posted by kizz 
Rendering Shadows/Texture baking in 3ds?
Date: June 15, 2010 12:06AM
Posted by: kizz
Anyone know how to do them?
Its somthing i'd like to learn and usually Raul does them for me but he's not responding to pm's.
Re: Rendering Shadows/Texture baking in 3ds?
Date: June 15, 2010 08:43AM
Posted by: senna9194
kizz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know how to do them?
> Its somthing i'd like to learn and usually Raul
> does them for me but he's not responding to pm's.

i asked to Dahie months ago,and he showed me the process.unluckily there's still a bug

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 15, 2010 10:13AM
Posted by: DaiMOn
I used to place some spotlight around the car in Max, then press key "0". I set the resolution and a few other parameters, and render it. Unfortunately the quality is not so good, than Raul's, so I would really like to know his secret too, cause his works look awesome. ^^
Date: June 15, 2010 01:22PM
Posted by: Duffer
I don't know if you have find this page, but to made my first try for the 1998 mod, i use this tutorial.

Render To Texture tool

--------------------------------------------

Date: June 15, 2010 11:58PM
Posted by: soulbringer
I know how it's done in Maya, unfortunately I don't use MAX but I found this:
http://whizzkid74.blogspot.com/2008/05/render-to-texture-or-texture-baking-in.html

Could this be it? Of course you'll have to add some lights that's most important part (I don't think one spotlight will do thought. :-) )

Edit:

found this one to.

http://www.viefex.com/view_tutorial.php?viewkey=13fd0ece03148e62e461&page=4&viewtype=&category=mr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 12:04AM by soulbringer.
Date: June 16, 2010 08:03PM
Posted by: senna9194
Duffer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know if you have find this page, but to
> made my first try for the 1998 mod, i use this
> tutorial.
>
> Render To Texture tool

i've tried to test it with mitsuro's mp4-23,and i noticed that there are more than one mapping on the pics.all textures were rendered in the same pic.how can i solve it?

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 16, 2010 10:29PM
Posted by: gezere
First you need to do a special shape by grouping all car objects in one.(eg: car)
Then you select this object "car", select polys by texture, detach them and create a new object named eg:texture 1
Redo it for each texture of the car
So at the end you have a special shape with somes objects named texture1, texture2, etc....

select only the object texture1 and render as you did... but this time only texture 1 will be rendered.
et voilĂ ......

if you want to do rendered shadows, replace the original textures of the car by a full grey texture (128,128,128)
before to render it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy