weird bump mapping effect

Posted by raztahz 
weird bump mapping effect
Date: December 05, 2002 12:09AM
Posted by: raztahz
this is rather strange...and i think it is to dO with my graphics card...
..everytime i switch on bump mapping( speeds up my frame rate by 2-3 frames).... when the car hits 80mph or so the road from the horizon goes black while the foreground is normal... if only i can show you a picture but it won't copy and paste from gpx patch.

i tried downloading a bump mapping which in the other hand fixed it "ok" but it still had a little trace of that black in the horizon... when i turn it off the roads looks unko and untidy with road lines here and there...

i running a win2000 pentium 4 1.7ghz ati radeon 7000/ VE 64mb with openGL and Direct3d support...

Re: weird bump mapping effect
Date: December 05, 2002 03:10AM
Posted by: mortal
F9 in gpx_patch will take a screenshot I think ;-) try it, the screenie should appear in the screenshots dir, subdir of gpxdata dir ok. as for your problem, I think your card cannot render bump mapping, that's a guess.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 05, 2002 03:16AM
Posted by: raztahz
probably.... :(

Date: December 05, 2002 04:12AM
Posted by: bigj
There is a blur effect on the bumpmap.
It is 'stretched' in proportion to your speed.
Also the mipmap bias is adjusted.

It sounds like your card and/or drivers aren't handling the bias very well.
Probably sampling 'of the end' of the mipmap chain.

I suggest you might want to try newest drivers if you haven't.

If this doesn't work then its probably some hardware limitation with the ati 7000.

Cheers
Jason Barstow
Date: December 05, 2002 10:46AM
Posted by: Chappie
Hello,

Hey RazTahZ..I have the same problem with the bumpmapping too. I'm running a Radeon 7500 in my machine. I would love to be able to use bumpmapping, but something is wrong with the ATI drivers...or it's the ATI hardware. I've tried all the Catalyst drivers with no luck..so now I just turn bumpmapping off.. :(

Chappie
Date: December 05, 2002 12:18PM
Posted by: ferrariace
It is either the card or the drivers.I got the same thing with my 7500 but everything works right on the 8500le.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy