Cars.wad with very low textures

Posted by GP4-fan 
Cars.wad with very low textures
Date: June 12, 2010 03:21PM
Posted by: GP4-fan
Hello,

Could somebody make a 2010 cars.wad with very very low textures and helmets so it can run on this PC?

Computer
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Fabrikant: GBT___
- Computermodel: AWRDACPI
- Computernaam: LANNOY-7C684180
- Systeemtype: x86 (32-bits) systeem

Moederbord
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Fabrikant: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
- Model: 8I865GVM/GVMF-775
- BIOS Fabrikant: Award Software International, Inc.
- BIOS Model: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG, versie F2
- Aansluitingen: PCI (Gebruikt), PCI (Vrij), PCI (Vrij)
- Poorten: PRIMARY IDE (Geen), SECONDARY IDE (Geen), FDD (Diskettestation), COM1 (Serieel), COM2 (Serieel), LPT1 (Parallel), Keyboard (Toetsenbord), PS/2 Mouse (Muis), USB (USB), USB (USB)

Processor
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Model: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3.06GHz
- Kloksnelheid: 3067 MHz
- Socket: Socket 775

Geheugen
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Grootte: 495 MB RAM
- Type(s): 256 MB RAM (Onbekend, DIMM), 256 MB RAM (Onbekend, DIMM)

Hardeschijf
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Bestandstype(s): NTFS (C:), NTFS (D:)
- Grootte: 114,48 GB (9,77 GB (C:) + 104,72 GB (D:) )
- Vrije ruimte: 105,51 GB (0,86 GB (C:) + 104,64 GB (D:) )

Stations
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Type(s): A: 3,5-inch diskettestation, C: Lokale vaste schijf, D: Lokale vaste schijf, E: CD- of DVD-ROM station, F: CD- of DVD-ROM station, G: Verwisselbare schijf, H: Verwisselbare schijf, I: Verwisselbare schijf, J: Verwisselbare schijf
- Model(len): A: Onbekend, C: Maxtor 6Y120L0 IDE, D: Maxtor 51536H2 IDE, E: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3570A, F: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1502, G: Onbekend, H: Onbekend, I: Onbekend, J: Onbekend

Geluidskaart
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Fabrikant: Analog Devices, Inc.
- Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Videokaart
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Model: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
- Beeldprocessor: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller (0x2572)
- Geheugengrootte: 96 MB VRAM
- Stuurprogramma: ialmrnt5.dll, versie 6.14.10.4396

Beeldscherm
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Fabrikant: (Standaardbeeldschermtypen)
- Model: Plug en Play-monitor
- Schermresolutie: 1024x768
- Kleurdiepte: 32-bits
- Frequentie: 75 Hz

Muis
¯¯¯¯
- Fabrikant: (Standaard-systeemapparaten)
- Model: USB-HID
- Aantal knoppen: 3
- Aansluiting: USB

Toetsenbord
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Model: Standaardtoetsenbord (101/102 toetsen) of Microsoft Natural PS/2-toetsenbord
- Type: Uitgebreid (101 of 102 toetsen)
- Functietoetsen: 12

Netwerkkaart
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Model(len): 1394-netwerkkaart (Ethernet 802.3), Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (), Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter (Ethernet 802.3)
- Adressen: IP: 192.168.2.4, MAC: 00:1C:DF:93:25:B1, DHCP: 192.168.2.1

DirectX
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Versie: 9.0c

Besturingssysteem
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Naam: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Versie: 5.1.2600
- Service Pack: Service Pack 3

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Gegenereerd door Flitskikker InfoTool (Versie 2.5.0.60)
[flitskikker.fl.funpic.org]

I would be very thankful!!!!
Re: Cars.wad with very low textures
Date: June 12, 2010 03:27PM
Posted by: NickJW
[hotfile.com]

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: June 12, 2010 08:37PM
I did install your Low res mod of 2010, but it wasn't running quite smooth. Did you made the cars.wad a litte bit lighter or is this the same cars.wad but with the update?

For the ones who want to make one for me: I don't care how low or ugly (not too ugly please) the textures are. All I want is just the game to be running smooth and fast. The only car that has to be smooth, is car number 11 (the Williams of Rubens) because that's the only car I will drive within the game.

Much greetings and thanks for the one who want to spend his time for this!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2014 12:28AM by GP4-fan.
Date: June 12, 2010 09:44PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Maybe you should buy a decent pc.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 12, 2010 10:29PM
I rather go karting with that money! NO, we have to search for a free alternative. This is one. Is there someone helping me?
Date: June 13, 2010 01:40AM
Posted by: mortal
You don't want much do you? You come barging in here and demand that people give you what you want. Yet your pc does not have minimum specs to run the game. Listen up, I suggest if you want something so badly, you get off your butt and do it yourself, instead of demanding that the community do it for your, especially when a lo res mod for a minimum spec pc has already been released.
I'll tell you right now, as I have told others, you will NEVER get GP4 to run any mod with integrated graphics on-board the mobo. You must have at the minimum an AGP graphics card with 512mb on board. GP4 barely runs at full res out of the box on a machine like yours. Sorry but that's the way it is. I also notice that you have only 495MB of ram, that is useless as the OS will use 75% of that just running the shell, therefore what are you left with to run GP4? Nothing is the answer. You require a minimum 1GB of ram, and even then you can be left short. 4GB is the standard today for running games. Before you ask people to drop everything and help you, you should help yourself first by ensuring that the system you want to run it on can do the job, right now it cannot, even with a lo-res wad.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 13, 2010 12:07PM
Okay ,thx for the answer. Close the topic. I'll buy a better system on the end of the year. But for the time I still have this PC, can I run GP3 with the 2010 mod or not?
Date: June 13, 2010 02:20PM
Posted by: mortal
I do not mean to sound rude to you, that is not my place to do that ok. My apologies for being short with you. As for GP3, I cannot say, you could try. GP3 can use software mode jams, unlike GP4 which uses wads. Good luck. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 13, 2010 02:57PM
Posted by: rajahassan
Your PC specs are fine.you can use slimtex to reduce the size of your wad which helps in reducing the loading time.For smooth running of the game you can try to run gp4 on minimum graphics setting.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Date: June 13, 2010 03:08PM
Posted by: quickslick
please check your inbox GP4-Fan ;)
Date: June 13, 2010 09:29PM
Posted by: Madman271
In my opinion, it's hard to get smooth gameplay from onboard video card, I mean to get proper FPS that acceptable by human eyes (25+ FPS) especially when the game is running under DirectX environment unless the game is designed for DirectDraw only. For temporary solution, I agree with rajahassan by reducing texture. You have to experiment by yourself to reduce the texture size but with such PC specs don't expect more than 256x256. Other graphics and sounds data must be considered thought. Also, most video cards uses system memory pool (and often slowdown things), which is shareable with system resource used by Windows so expect huge memory swapping which is indicated by frequent and longer harddisk activities.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 13, 2010 10:02PM
Madotter, nothing happened, apologies accepted, very friendly from you ;)

A integrated video chip is very chitty, it isn't word a buck. I will buy a new system, but QuickSlick have sended me a cars.wad (2010) with reduced textures and it works a lot quicker now, but the start is still 5 fps. When i'm riding at the back from the field with no cars after me or in front of me, the game works perfect. That's a video chip issue.
Date: June 14, 2010 12:06PM
Posted by: charliewatts55
My computer seems to like Mercedes and i have 18 of them, 2 mclarens and 2 red bulls. I noticed that there was advice for people who got loads of Lotus cars but not sure why i have all these. I have quite a good 2010 mod that i put together using the various releases but it's a bit rough around the edges with steering wheel, helmet positions so was looking at getting this one running. I know there are some downloads i need to get to get rid of the Mercedes problem but could i be pointed in the right direction please?

Thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy