Magic Data

Posted by rmfarey 
Magic Data
Date: June 11, 2010 10:49PM
Posted by: rmfarey
Hi,

I have been amending the magic data of Montreal as with the new 2010 physics the cars run short of fuel at the end of the race.

So i have reduced the Fuel Consumption (quite alot) of the AI and Human saved the file and have re-inserted the Magic Data.

The problem is it doesn't seem to be having any effect on the race, the cars are still running out near the end of the race no matter what amount I put in the fuel consumption!!

Is there something else I need to be doing or something I am missing as its getting quite frustrating??

Any help would be much appreciated!
Re: Magic Data
Date: June 11, 2010 11:58PM
Posted by: phantaman
not only magicdatas... performance files not developed for use with a particular physics, the physics itself (tab Engine/Drivetrain - Max RPM) and power torque curve of gp4.exe can also affect fuel consumption :-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: June 12, 2010 12:12PM
Posted by: Cyberacer
rmfarey,
make sure in GPxPatch that you enable the use of the dat with the modified magic data.
otherwise, wait a few days - until I release 2010 Montreal magic data.

Date: June 12, 2010 01:36PM
Posted by: rmfarey
Thanks.

Yeah Cyberacer, that is what I was doing wrong. Have sorted it now.

Thanks for your suggetions!
Date: July 02, 2010 07:59AM
Posted by: polizzije
Someone knows how to import to the GP4.exe the magic data?? What I whant is to chenge the fuel consumption for standar tracks that don't have magic data. I manage to export this info with cmagic but I must ru the game with gpx to see the changes, in cmagic is a insert data buton that looks promissing but only update something in de track.dat and without the gpx the changes are not applied.

Anyone knows how to do this?? Thanks!!!
Date: July 02, 2010 02:13PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Not sure if I understood your question, but magic data needs GPxPatch to work.

Of course, it may be possible the data could be edited directly inside GP4.exe but I don't think any available tool does that.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 02:13PM by Prblanco.
Date: July 02, 2010 02:25PM
Posted by: ZaZ
As long the bumptable has the original length and there are no 'gp4info' parameters required, it's possible.
The new ZaZ Tools (WIP) supports it, but as it has not been released yet, it's no use for you.
Any specific reason for not updating the tracks instead of the exe?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: July 02, 2010 04:29PM
Posted by: polizzije
Not really, sometimes I run GP without the GPx. Thinks that I'll just have to wait the new ZaZ tool and play with the GPx for now. Is just that I'm playing with new physics in original tracks and the fuel is not enough for the IA cars.

Thanks!!
Date: July 03, 2010 11:12PM
Posted by: TeamBPR
polizzije Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not really, sometimes I run GP without the GPx.
> Thinks that I'll just have to wait the new ZaZ
> tool and play with the GPx for now. Is just that
> I'm playing with new physics in original tracks
> and the fuel is not enough for the IA cars.
>
> Thanks!!

Why would you ever want to run GP without using GPx? Doesn't that just make life complicated and not as good anyway? lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy