Using Car craetor with new patch

Posted by LarryM 
Using Car craetor with new patch
Date: December 03, 2002 09:54PM
Posted by: LarryM
I have found that I can edit the car and hemet textures in Car creator by tempoarily switching the new GP¤.exe for the old decrypted v.1.00. Editing is easy and then switch the exe files.

I also experimented with a new install of the game where I udated the cars (Ralph Hummerich)and then patched with the new patch. Very strange. When I paly at default resolutions I get the updated textures, when I increase the resolution the game switches back to previous textures.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Using Car creator with new patch
Date: December 04, 2002 12:41AM
Posted by: LarryM
Sorry about the typing mistakes in previous post. I thought next to install and patch the game in a separate directory. Switch the exe file for the old decrypted 1.00 version apply a season 2002 patch (the massive FLO for example) and then replace the correct patched decrypt. I wonder if it will work... or what else might happen.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Using Car craetor with new patch
Date: December 04, 2002 02:40AM
Posted by: bigj
You might find that even with hi-res textures set in the menus,
for low resolutions the low-res textures are _still_ used.
(Since there's no point loading hires textures if you never see >1 pixel:texel on screen)
Re: Using Car craetor with new patch
Date: December 04, 2002 02:48AM
Posted by: Ellis
You might find that even with hi-res textures set in the menus,
for low resolutions the low-res textures are _still_ used.
(Since there's no point loading hires textures if you never see >1 pixel:texel on screen)

only under certain circumstances.

If u moded the gfx config file, then it will most likely always use low res versions. The cc cars often use low res at a far disatance, especially under a mod config file.

USe the orgional gfx config file, and mod the gfx using the settings in the game for best results with new skins

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy