No CD Patch help please

Posted by RebbewNaf 
No CD Patch help please
Date: December 02, 2002 08:40PM
Posted by: RebbewNaf
Hi Everyone,

I just bought GrandPrix 4 and installed it followed by the 9.6 patch.

Everything is fine with that so I downloaded the No CD patch and tried to run it and it said I needed Binkw32.dll. I downloaded this and copied it to my Wndows/system directory but it still won't work:

It says: "The GP4.exe file is linked to missing export BINKW32.DLL:_BinkSetVolume@12."

Can anyone offer me an explination as to how to get this to work? Have I put the Bink file in the right spot? Do I need anything else?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards

Steve
Re: No CD Patch help please
Date: December 02, 2002 09:08PM
Posted by: LarryM
Do you have the right no cd patch? The first one didn't work properly. Download the no cd patch for the 9.60 patched game from this site. Uninstall the game and clean out your registry first. Then start from the beginning.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: December 02, 2002 09:21PM
Posted by: RebbewNaf
Hi There,

Yes I think I have the right one as I only downloaded it earlier today from this site.

When I uninstall everything, should I install the 9.6 patch first or the NO CD patch first?

Thanks very much

Steve
Date: December 02, 2002 10:58PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Yep install the patch first.Maybe that bink file you got should go in the win32 folder?
Date: December 03, 2002 02:51AM
Posted by: mortal
the bink file belongs in the gp4 installation folder, check if it's there b4 you do a re-install. Check if gp4 still runs without the no_cd exe, ie: use the patch exe and test. This way you will determine if the no_cd exe is good or not ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 03, 2002 10:04AM
Posted by: tux
the file is installed with gp4, its the file to play the videos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy