GpxPatch and gpeditors don't work with gp4 pathed with the new patch?

Posted by palomino5 
Since i have installed the last official patch, all the editors and the gpxpatch dont work. It says that gp4.exe is an unknown version. Please, tell me if somebody has the same problem.
Thank you very much guys.
From the front page of this site:

GP4: Using "Old" Editors with Patched GP4 1.02

You can still edit the GRAPHICS of your patched GP4 game vers. 1.02 (a.k.a. patch 9.6) with GP4Master:
Rename the old 1.0 decrypted gp4.exe to "gp4_old.exe" and copy the renamed file into your main GP4 directory. Next time GP4Master starts, point it to your new file "gp4_old.exe". As said, this way you can only edit the GFX of the game. If you try to edit names, performances, etc. it might crash your game.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Hi All,

Now that GP4 seems to work fine I obviously decided to load recent car liveries and helmets.

I have obviosly patched it to 1.02 ( 9.6 patch ) and put the no-cd decripted exe.

Everything seems to work fine,without the original cd.

I'm aware this operations could lead to instability but I would give it a try anyway.

So,I downloaded the GP4 Master 1.2 but obviously it doesn't work.Why?

I'm reading Morbid post but -----------Rename the old 1.0 decrypted gp4.exe to "gp4_old.exe" and copy the renamed file into your main GP4 directory.--------by Morbid--------- I assume to have not more the 1.0 exe but the new 1.02 patched after my procedures.

So:

1) Do I have to rename my gp4.exe 1.02 into gp4_old.exe ?

2) Do I have to rename it into gp4.exe after procedures?

3) Am I missing any steps or any procedure?

4) Which is the best working editor for 1.02 to add new liveries and helmets?

Thanks a lot

Boomer
Rename the old 1.0 decrypted gp4.exe to "gp4_old.exe" Point gp4master to this file and viola, you have fooled gp4master into believing it is using a valid exe. That is all you need to do. Too easy eh :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Today I have to be more stupid than usual,it's must be the rain...but

what do you mean for " old 1.0 " ?

Now I have installed the decripted no-cd exe for the 9.6. Is this new no-cd exe you are talking about?

Thanks

boomy
1) install GP4

2) GP master to export in it liveries and helmets

3) patch GP4

4) replace GP4.exe with no-cd decripted

Please tell me if this procedure is correct or not

Thanks

boomer
ok, i say this for the LAST TIME :p

editors do NOT, i repeat NOT work until the AUTHORS MAKE THEM work!!!

if there are a few words you dont understand then use a dictronary :p

yes Dumbass, but anyone cud make it work by doing this. It makes the ditor think its the old version

This works, i have used it before

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Yes Ellis. See my thread on Car creator. I got it to work by tempoarily placing the old pre-patch decrypt GP4.exe in the game, editing it (cars liveries and helmets- i'm not sure about the rest, but why not?) and then replacing the correct patched GP4. Easy! At least much easier than in GP4Master.
I wonder why the cockpit view of the noise does not change in my Mclaren although Car Edotor has exported it. I checked by importing it for viewing. Strange.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Boomy, If you do not have it already download the decrypted exe for the un-patched gp4 which is v1. Rename this gp4.exe to "gp4_old.exe", insert it into the gp4 dir and point gpmaster to it. Now gpmaster will work.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I have already patched the original exe,then I replaced it with no-cd decrypted and the game works fine indeed.

But if I rename the no-cd decripted into gp4_old.exe my gp4 master 1.02 doesn't recognize it as a valid file.

Where can I find the proper no-cd decripted patched 9.6 ?

Which is the correct version of GPmaster ? 1.02?

Maybe I have the wrong no.cd even if I downloaded the last one available.

Thanks for your help

boomy
Gp4 Master 1.2 i think

It is on this site

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps

yes Dumbass, but anyone cud make it work by doing this. It makes the ditor think its the old version

This works, i have used it before

thats what i do too :P but they wanna use the new exe with the editors

tough crap then :P Make there own ;)

thats what i am doing :P

OMG,

it slit it into 2 posts :o

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy