Warning: mod save games can screw up

Posted by LarryM 
Warning: mod save games can screw up
Date: December 02, 2002 01:59PM
Posted by: LarryM
I just found out. If you load a eg hatlap in the patched game that you saved in a mod (eg. FLO 2002), it plays ok, but it then loads all of the names/´teams from 2002, Then you find you can't load anything, nor can yopu calibrate your graphics. Strange. I did a complete reinstall to solve the problem. Be warned!

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Warning: mod save games can screw up
Date: December 02, 2002 03:24PM
Posted by: Vader
Is it die to the fact that Flo's update is for the unpatched version of Gp4? Can it be related to different exes screwing up the game?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: Warning: mod save games can screw up
Date: December 02, 2002 09:04PM
Posted by: LarryM
Don't know. It seems that the saved lap contains a lot of data from the mod game. This then contaminates the existing game. Bit like catching a disease. I didn't try the controllers though, so I don't know what wlse it does.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy