This might help you

Posted by Boomy 
This might help you
Date: December 02, 2002 02:27AM
Posted by: Boomy
I recently experienced lot of problems with my new graphic card and sound card,GP4 and other games become unplayable.

Then I decided to reinstall from scratch OS and the problem remained.

Then I loaded BIOS failure safe values and the problem disappeared and everything worked pretty fine.

Then,step by step, I enabled AGP 4X,fast writes etc etc. and I reach a perfect,performant.stable config.

Sometimes it helps to solve issues.

Boomy
Re: This might help you
Date: December 02, 2002 02:40AM
Posted by: mortal
Gee that's what I call a pretty drastic solution, you must have been having major issues to go to that sort of trouble ;-) I did that recently when I installed a new mobo but I have two HDD's so a full backup of C's data was easy to do first. At least it worked. Were you o'clocking maybe?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 02, 2002 03:07AM
Nope, no overclockin'

Even with minor HW changes most of times it's necessary to format and before formatting a fail safe BIOS tuning is a must.

Then after a very fresh install you have to test it,and I feel quite confident it works !!

Then step by step follow abovementioned enabling procedures and ...maybe it helps to fix major issues.

And yes, I had major issues,no game was not more able to run,so it seemed to me the best drastic solution :):):)

Boomy

P.S. I tried half an hour the new patch.....I have to tell this at low volume...but it seems to me pretty good.1/2 hour of qualifying/race playing and no CTD and during race when a wheel and wing were intentionally lost pit crew fix it properly and let me go outside without comments,It seems cool,but I have to test it deeply.
Date: December 02, 2002 03:34AM
Lucky you, I can't even get my Thrustmaster Wheel to work with the new patch ;-/

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 02, 2002 05:26AM
It took me 30 minutes to set up my MS SW no FF.

GP4 recognize it subito,but before undestand in which way it has to deal with it, 30 minutes were necessary to me to inprint in GP4 DNA my proper wishes.

How much time did you spend?

Have you tried to delete every existing .cn files and retry?

Boomy
Date: December 03, 2002 03:02AM
Yeah, I love your choice of words ;-) The thing is sempre fai in kulo! tutti merde! non capice! veramenta skifo, lol or something like that hehe.....you get the idea anyway. Ciao paesano :-)

Date: December 03, 2002 03:27AM
LOL :):)

Assuming your OS sees properly your wheel and GP4 not:

Have you tried configuring it in these different ways :

1) As normal wheel inside GP4

2) As user set ( wheel ) and give it a name

3) As analog joystick inside GP4

4) Configure it in windows control panel-> joystick as analog 2 axis joystick or common wheel but not Trustmaster

Let us know

Boomy

P.S. Mr. Brown italian lesson : correct spelling of italian bad words :

Fanculo,è una merda,non capisce,veramente schifo,and paesà it's a word of southern part of Italy,something like spaghetti,pizza,mandolino...every foreigners knows above all these ....words...heheh
Date: December 03, 2002 04:17AM
bene grazie :-) and I have tried all of that without success, I have restored the exe to the v1 no_cd (pre-patch) As a bonus I have gpx back :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy