My Patch Verdict

Posted by AliMurray 
My Patch Verdict
Date: December 02, 2002 02:01AM
Posted by: AliMurray
I installed the patch, even though I wasn't having any specific problems.

I'm pleased to say that I still don't have any problems, so definitely no worse off. The only thing I hoped might improve is the damage/collision modelling, but I can't see much if any difference. I still find I can bump off cars even head on at high speed as if I were driving a dodgem at the fair!

However, this is a minor niggle. The most important point is this - there is no other game or series that can keep my enjoyment and deliver such value for many as the GP series.

I buy a lot of games, mostly driving games, and most fail to hold my attention for more than a week or two at most. I bought Total Immersion Racing 2 weeks ago, and am bored already, because it just doesn't offer the thrill or realism of head to head racing in a real car.

Each of the GP series has managed exactly that, allowing you to really feel the excitement of pushing your concentration and ability to the absolute limit against realistic opponents. It also keeps offering harder and harder challenges as your skill improves, without forcing you to follow a "career" route.

The only time I have ever stopped playing the GP games is when the next one came out, often 2 or more years later.

There can be no better measure of a game than that, and for that enjoyment, I am willing to live with a few bugs.

Let's give Geoff Crammond and all the development team the credit they deserve and stop abusing them.

Ali
Re: My Patch Verdict
Date: December 02, 2002 02:27AM
Posted by: mortal
somebody's happy ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 03, 2002 11:11AM
Posted by: twgavin
Sadly, I'm not one of the happy ones. After finally getting a new graphics card and being able to actually load and play the game for the fist time in November - I find with the new patch i crash to desktop even more than with the orignal - it seems to occur most frequently in the Pits when I want to view car setup. Oh well...

twgavin
Date: December 03, 2002 12:09PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Maybe you have already done this but uninstall and reinstall the game.I had the crash problem with the patch using the decrypted exe v1.0 and it continued with the v9.6 decrypted exe and was fixed with a fresh full install.Minimum unstall resulted in crashes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy