GPGSL Season 5 Team Launch Thread.

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL Season 5 Team Launch Thread.
Date: June 15, 2010 09:55AM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Snake Motorsports Presents the SMS-01

After a long period of silence the curtain around Snake Motorsports Racing Group is finally removed. Today the team is presenting it's brand new contender which they will use for season 5 of the Grand Prix Games Super League. Alongside the presentation of the car itself also the main race drivers will be announced by the team. The launch has been held in Sneek, hometown of teamowner Maikel de Boer.

We are proud to announce the comeback of America's race driver Andrew Fuh* as number one driver, a driver which has teamed up with Maikel de Boer before, Fuh has a known history at Scolari International Racing Team and it led up to a combination of succes. The entrance of Snake Motorsports in the GPGSL was the right time for Andrew to rejoin the series he left earlier. Maikel de Boer is happy to see Andrew return: "He has always been a great addition to the team and he is certainly going to help to push the team forward in our first season. We are looking to provide Andrew with the best possible equipment to do this."

Andrew Fuh himself is also happy to rejoin with Maikel de Boer: "It's great to be back with the guys from my former team, Scolari, now known as Snake Motorsports. I've always had a great relationship with them - unfortunately I had decided to take a short hiatus from my racing career, but here I am, back again and refreshed and ready for another season. I'm looking forward to getting back up to speed in the Snake Motorsports car, and I'm sure with the relationship we already have it won't be long before I'm back in top form!"

As second race driver we can announce a rookie, Tommi Karjalainen** from Finland will be filling in the second raceseat. However he is a rookie, also Karjalainen is not unfamiliar with Maikel de Boer. Back in the days of the WGP (World Grand Prix) in season 1, Tommi Karjalainen managed his own team under the name of Tokar GP. Maikel de Boer is looking forward to a fruitful co-operation with Karjalainen: "I'm happy to have him on board, the Finnish drivers are known to be able to push the material to the limit and I'm totally confident he won't let us down and score some good results!"

Also Tommi Karjalainen was available during the presentation of the SMS-01: "I am really happy about this opportunity given, by Snake Motor Sports. This will be my rookie season in the series, so therefore, i am looking at it as an "learning season". But never the less, team goals are in podium fights and so are mine, naturally. Looking forward in to a great season."

Snake Motorsports has, just like the other teams, chosen to use the SMD-ZG01 as their racing chassis: "We are confident it's the right choice, last season we have seen Velox performing very good on the SMD-300 chassis but the SMD-ZG01 is just that little step forward that we, as a new team, can use to our benefit."

There has been no difficulty in finding sponsors to go with the team, the reputation Snake Motorsports has already build up definitely helped during the search. Many companies were offering their commitment to the team. The largest of these would be ING Bank concern from The Netherlands: "We as a Dutch company see it as an amazing opportunity to spread our sponsorship even further into the world, we are proud to be on the cars of Snake Motorsports."

Other sponsors that partnered up with Snake Motorsports are: Albert Heijn, Alpinestars, BIC, Coca-Cola, DHL, Dunlop, GAMMA, Magneti Marelli, Shell, Sparco and Trust. Next to those sponsors we have put the "Make roads safe" logo on our car, we want to raise some more awareness as already is being done in different branches of motorsports.

In contrast with many of the other teams on the grid Snake Motorsports have chosen to go with Dunlop instead of Bridgestone, they believe the rubber of Dunlop fits the setup of the Snake Motorsports car better. "We honestly believe the tyre rubber of Dunlop will help us more forward then what Bridgestone could deliver us, let's hope we are right!"

Snake Motorsports will not be buying a clientèl engine, instead they will manufacturer their own within the GPGSL regulations, it will simply be a "Snake Motorsports" power source. "We have the ability to produce all of our own material in the Snake Motorsports factory where the SMD-ZG01 has been developed, so why would we not be using it?"

Thats enough information about the car, it's time for the moment of revealing. The original Scolari colors, black and bright yellow, or still there but the livery has been mixed up to make a nice car altogether!

* Andrew Fuh, username on GPG: "strekedesire"
** Tommi Karjalainen, username on GPG: "Vomit"

Studio Shoot ©MDBSnake/Snake Motorsports 2010

End of press release,

Signed,
Maikel de Boer
CEO Snake Motorsports Racing Group

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: June 15, 2010 10:00AM
Posted by: Macca25
Beautful!!!

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 15, 2010 10:11AM
Posted by: senna9194
nice livery,

who made you those renders?:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 15, 2010 10:37AM
Posted by: n00binio
nice one :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: June 15, 2010 11:58AM
Posted by: mortal
That is a very nice looking car. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 15, 2010 12:07PM
Posted by: Rico
Nice car, and i think thatn aswell with the 2010 F1Renault the longer you are looking at it the better it gets :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Date: June 15, 2010 12:27PM
Posted by: senna9194
so,for now,the following teams have presented their cars:
1-AMR
3-TSS
5-SCR
6-TNR
7-ART
9-TGP
11-SMS

from the reserve teams:
1-MAC Racing
2-Christel VXR
3-KFR
4-K1R
9-Aus F1

12 teams on 20 have presented their S5 livery;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 15, 2010 01:11PM
Posted by: Diax F1
That is an amazing car, Maikel - I'd happily say it's my favourite livery this season.
Date: June 15, 2010 02:39PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Very good livery, I think it'll look great on track!

btw, I am now the highest team on the waiting list not to have a livery ready! Oops.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 02:40PM by SchueyFan.
Date: June 15, 2010 03:58PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Very nice livery, Maikel.
Mostly simple but with some nice extra lines and effects. I like it, even though I get the feeling that this year's grid could become a little yellowish.
Anyway, I love this worms at your rear wing. Especially the one with the flag in his hand, they're so cute! ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: June 15, 2010 03:59PM
Posted by: Charrel
Wow maikel! That is seriously awesome!

I love the rear wing, the "beesies" haha, great use of Albert Heijn style commerce!

My compliments mate!!!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Date: June 15, 2010 07:16PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Nice car Maikel! There's some really great looking cars this season :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 07:16PM by Stoopid.
Date: June 15, 2010 07:24PM
Posted by: ptclaus98
Brilliant car Maikel.

Lucky Seven Motorsport ***Winner-Zandvoort***
Drivers
Ross -the Rainmeister- Cartwright ***Winner-Zandvoort***
Keeley -GPGSL's sexiest member- Grant
Tester
Randy -The getting drunk in the motorhome-meister- Winston
Date: June 15, 2010 07:44PM
Posted by: brunoboi
Very... German!

I like it though Maikel - Nice to see a return of the Scolari

Date: June 15, 2010 07:54PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Not a fan of the yellow Maikel, but I think that's just a personal preference

But quality of the paint job is fantastic as always with your work mate

Very well presented too

Also nice to see a classic team return to the grid, the series really is gaining a great history, we have some really memorable teams, TSS, Scolari, IED and I think MPR also, its good to have some continuity

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 15, 2010 08:02PM
Posted by: Gaulty
It is a lovely little car that, yellow and black do work brilliantly together I think and the orange adds that extra bit of Dutch in it...

And thanks Dan, nice to be part of the 'memorable teams' bit.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: June 15, 2010 09:08PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Cheers man

What I mean by it is that we are creating a bit of history to the series

We have a lot of new teams which is cool, but the old teams are kinda memorable, for example TSS have been around in this series and the series that preceded it

TSS, IED, MPR and VSM who I forgot to mention earlier are the only teams who have been in the series since the start, I'd say we are kinda like the old guard of the GPGSL

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 15, 2010 09:28PM
Posted by: brunoboi
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cheers man
>
> What I mean by it is that we are creating a bit of
> history to the series
>
> We have a lot of new teams which is cool, but the
> old teams are kinda memorable, for example TSS
> have been around in this series and the series
> that preceded it
>
> TSS, IED, MPR and VSM who I forgot to mention
> earlier are the only teams who have been in the
> series since the start, I'd say we are kinda like
> the old guard of the GPGSL

I still consider IED and VSM quite new teams and they were in the W300 too lol

Date: June 15, 2010 09:49PM
Posted by: msater
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> TSS, IED, MPR and VSM who I forgot to mention
> earlier are the only teams who have been in the
> series since the start, I'd say we are kinda like
> the old guard of the GPGSL

Phoenix (as Blue Flame) as been around since the series started

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: June 15, 2010 09:55PM
Posted by: Rico
Then obviously you are living in the past. Why dont you join us in the now :p

brunoboi Schreef:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cheers man
> >
> > What I mean by it is that we are creating a bit
> of
> > history to the series
> >
> > We have a lot of new teams which is cool, but
> the
> > old teams are kinda memorable, for example TSS
> > have been around in this series and the series
> > that preceded it
> >
> > TSS, IED, MPR and VSM who I forgot to mention
> > earlier are the only teams who have been in the
> > series since the start, I'd say we are kinda
> like
> > the old guard of the GPGSL
>
>
> I still consider IED and VSM quite new teams and
> they were in the W300 too lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy