GP4 Master

Posted by LarryM 
GP4 Master
Date: December 01, 2002 12:21AM
Posted by: LarryM
Having ben used to another game (which I won't mention, but it comes from EA) which is more open to editing... childisly simple, no editors needed. I am baffled by the difficulty of GP4Master. I have after 3 hours of frigging around, following readme instructions and getting frustrated not succeeded in getting a single change in GP4. I have tried steering wheels and RH's liveries, but nothing helps. Carcreator was much easier, but it doesn't work with the patched version and it doesn't do steering wheels either..yet. Has anyone done an easy-to-follow idiot-safe instruction for using GP4?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: GP4 Master
Date: December 01, 2002 12:36AM
Posted by: mortal
My sympathies Larry, I have given up on it. I believe that Jon, aka Dumbass has something in the pipeline to make the job easier.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 01, 2002 01:09AM
Hi mortalwombat,
I can hardly wait. I am the one who feels like a "dumbass". I think it must be a question of misleading instructions and my own lack of technical understanding. Well there is something to wait for I suppose.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: December 01, 2002 01:17AM
Posted by: mortal
Nooo not at all, I think there is many who have problems, lets face it it's GP4 after all and they made it difficult to edit on purpose, this will in the end only be detrimental to the game as users will move on, I'm already moving to TIR and back to ea's offerings, and there's a new fia gt mod just out by the sbd team which will keep me amused for a while ;-). Anyway without the sterling efforts by people like Jon and others, (you know who you are) this particular sim would have died long ago, especially considering the debacle with the patch etc. etc. I'm betting many just tossed it into the bin and wrote off their hard earned. Meanwhile I've still got other issues with gp4 which continue to drive me nutso hehe! Oh well, back to the drawing board.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 01, 2002 06:35AM
Posted by: Vader
I think it must be a question of misleading instructions and my own lack of technical understanding. said Niki Lauda after been fired as head of Jaguar F1.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 01, 2002 08:27AM
Posted by: tux
Larry, you exporting hi res graphics but using low res in the game?

Date: December 01, 2002 09:30AM
No Dumbass, I run GP4 at 1280x1024 with all the goodies on, except dynamic enviromental mapping (use static). I would use 1600x1200 but I love that heat haze...unbelievably beautiful. Won't switch it off. Is it true you've got something coming to make our lives (with GP4Master) easier?

Larry
Date: December 01, 2002 02:53PM
hmm,

and u have a super computer to do that?

Date: December 01, 2002 09:38PM
Specs are in my signature. Geforce 2 ti 200 I would like to upgrade, but I just spent a pile of cash on upgrading main board, processor and ddr RAM. In fact I decided I would buy GP4 only after I had done this. I have overclocked the GEF ti200 to 210 and 475. FPS are estimated at 40 but can drop to 30 on some parts of some tracks.

Larry
Date: December 02, 2002 08:55AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy