x,y and z axis (Morbid)

Posted by mortal 
Re: x,y and z axis (Morbid)
Date: December 01, 2002 07:24AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
damn.. another with the same problem as me...

i jsut play gp4 wit the brake and accel on the same axis now.. and operate pedals seperately is deselected.. pity a patch can take a step backwards in the support of certain wheels.

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: December 01, 2002 01:42PM
Posted by: Morbid
I think I found the problem. You state that you have set the Thrustmaster software to manual mode, so the same preset can be used for all your games. But it appears to be that the Thrustmaster software actually "talks" with the games that it is supposed to help understand the controller. Check out the troubleshooting guide posted here for missing slit axis on the 360 Modena, and take note of the passage I have out in Bold.

8. I can

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 02, 2002 01:03AM
Posted by: mortal
Update: Thrustmaster preset created, pedals set to separate mode, this is evident in the thrustmapper software. Thrustmapper set to run the gp4 preset on auto. Gp4 start, safedisc splash screen, Thrustmapper dialogue box opens stating gp4 preset now loaded. In GP4 control options advanced menu brake and accell are still both on the y axis, z axis cannot be used. Exit gp4, Thrustmapper utility unloads. Nada, nyet, nyente, zilch, sfa etc. ad nauseum. I tried auto mode yesterday which as you can see didn't work so I was forcing the issue in manual mode which doesn't work either. But thanks for the info anyway Morbid ;-) This is definately a bug then. The game is unplayable patched if you have a Thrustmaster. As I said before it is a simple job to copy over the unpatched no_cd exe and get gpx back as well. For now that will have to do. Cheers.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 02, 2002 02:27PM
Posted by: pvisscher
Tried to configure my ACT-Labs RSforce with the patched GP4 (1.02)
First i used the fixed .exe NOCD version but it did not calibrate proper the Throtthle and brake where both on the A-y axis. Then i tried the original GP4.exe same again it seems that it wount work. I have not loaded software for presets because for sofar i know there is none for the RSforce.

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Date: December 02, 2002 02:58PM
Posted by: Morbid
I seem to remember that with the ACT-Labs wheels you need to connect the pedals and the wheels directly to each other, so they appear as the same device.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 02, 2002 03:03PM
Posted by: pvisscher
With the unpatched version of GP4 (1.0) it was oke, i even use a clutch pedal as well. There is something wrong here.

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy