Using different liveries on the same car-shape

Posted by neilcaine 
Using different liveries on the same car-shape
Date: May 24, 2010 07:53PM
Posted by: neilcaine
Apologies if the answer to this is easy but I'd like to know how to design and name texts so that you can use the same car shape with different liveries. For example I've downloaded the excellent ppit Mercedes car which has a template included and .tex files MG1 - MG4. I like the car-shape and would like to create my own JPS Lotus livery to use alongside the Mercedes but obviously I can't use the same named tex files for 2 teams. Can anyone help with how you use the templates to create differently named tex files so they don't clash with the Mercedes Car - or is there something else I have to do? No doubt there is a simple answer as there are many fantasy cars by others like axel180 where the same car and template are used for many different liveries but I'm not too sure how to do it - hope someone can give me some help anyway
Copy the shape file and then edit the texture names on the copy in GP4 builder. Just make sure you keep the originals and copy separate.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
I'm not too familiar with GP4 builder so could you explain exactly how to do this - I have at the moment the minardi car lods linked to MG1 - MG4 tex files in Mercedes livery - how do I re-name and use these tex files to hi_JPS.tex files after I've changed the livery using tga files so I can use them with arrows car lods? - sorry to have to ask but these programmes are a bit daunting when you're not too familiar with them
open the shape in gp4 builder, click on tools then on the tab rename textures and change the name of the texture to whatever you want, but without the hi prefix. Then click on apply and at least save the gp4 file. That's all
thanks a lot for the quick reply and help - managed to get it sorted out - not so difficult when you know how! - thanks again
your welcome :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy