GPX and decrypted exe

Posted by LarryM 
GPX and decrypted exe
Date: November 27, 2002 04:00AM
Posted by: LarryM
Will GPX 3.10 work with the patched GP4 9.60? What about other editors?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: GPX and decrypted exe
Date: November 27, 2002 04:04AM
Posted by: Ellis
Im not sure if GPxPatch will work

The orgional GP4Master DOES work (version 1.0 Beta), but unfortunatly there is no download for it anymore. This worked because it did not have to read the exe

GP4 Genious works -it doesnt need the exe

Z-modeler Plug-in by Oleg also works, again, it does not require the exe

Im not so sure that any other programs will work. Things like wad compliers/decompilers and tex viewers will work provided they dont need to the read the exe

Im not 100% sure bout other stuff tho, but i suspect not (possibly wrong)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 27, 2002 04:09AM
Posted by: LarryM
I thínk I might try car creator then. If it works it works, can't do any harm, I suppose. I suppose gpx could be tried out, it shouldn't foul anything up....should it?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: November 27, 2002 04:13AM
I suppose gpx could be tried out, it shouldn't foul anything up....should it?

CarSetCreator reads the exe at the start. It then makes backups of all your files (i think?)

If it finds an incompatible exe at the start, it wont allow you to progress, just like other editors

What u need is a wad compiler and decompiler that doesnt require the exe. I belive there is one on this site. And then a tex editor that can turn them into tga files, again, without having to read the exe - again, probably on this site

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 27, 2002 05:56AM
Posted by: jp2
two questions cause im too lazy to try it out myself:

am i right to say that we cant edit cc-performances at the moment, cause this is stored in the gp4.exe ?

can i copy my old cars.wad with 2002-liveries from the unpatched gp4 to the new patched gp4 ?

thx in advance, greetings, jp
Date: November 27, 2002 06:04AM
am i right to say that we cant edit cc-performances at the moment, cause this is stored in the gp4.exe ?

Im not 100% sure

See, we have a decrypted exe out, so it MIGHT work. But then again, it is of course different from the orgional, so chances are it will not work. I wud try loading CSC4 and seeing what it says?

can i copy my old cars.wad with 2002-liveries from the unpatched gp4 to the new patched gp4 ?

yes, old wad files work with the new version. Remember you will have old preformance data and names tho, with 2002 liveries/helmets etc

Date: November 27, 2002 02:01PM
Posted by: Larry
According to Rene Smit (SDI), GPxPatch doesn't work with the patched GP4.
[1ka.org]

Date: November 27, 2002 02:03PM
Posted by: tux
atm, the only things u can edit are the physics, cameras because they support the new exes

when i release it (when tis done) csc will support it, and there will be a tool for 3rd party ppl to upgrade it to support new exes

Date: November 27, 2002 05:07PM
Posted by: kirkvdb
I know for a fact that gpx doesn't work with the new decrypted exe file. I tried it last night!!
Date: November 28, 2002 08:51AM
Posted by: tux
i knew for a fact that it wouldnt work, even before i tryed it (even before the exe arrived in my inbox :p)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy