Carshapes... please come in...

Posted by SchimmyMike 
Carshapes... please come in...
Date: November 25, 2002 09:33PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Now, since its possible to change the shapes (thanks to Jon, Oleg and Sven) im interested to know who of you and which shapes you'll change at first. (For example: I mean the original sauber carshape) is the unrealistics shape of all

Its interesting because its not very good to have 100 ferraris but no sauber or arrows.

I think you know what i mean.

I've started to work on renault (ok i made some changes to ferrari nosecone and rear part). I wondered on renaults front wing. Some polygons are conected stupidly (sorry dont know the word).

I think its very hard to create a good arrows 2002 carshapes because of the nosecone.

Also i some support: I ever worked with 3ds not with zmodeler (ok its easier to edit...) Do we have to change both types of car for each team?

What i mean is for example benetton or renault: Lar1_0_lod and car2_0_lod are the same shapes but they uses different grafics from tex (car 2 has a red stripe on nose or carnumbers...).

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Re: Carshapes... please come in...
Date: November 26, 2002 01:14AM
Posted by: mortal
Dave? Talk to this dude ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 26, 2002 02:17AM
Posted by: Ellis
yo

Im going to work on shapes, but i really hate z-modeler, and cant use it. I spent years becoming an expert at AutoCAD, yet, neither of these editors suuport it (ok, more like AutoCAD doesnt support them).

Z-modelr sucks extreamly, its the weirest CAD style program i have ever seen in my life. Geniuous is good, its simple, its easy. But AutoCAD doesnt work with the wrl files Genious makes, so i have to leanr something else.

And to be honest, i dont know if i can be arsed right now. Its alot of work, with time i dont have. I have lots of other stuff to do, and lots of stuff on my mind.......carshapes WAS a high priority....but right now its no where near important.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 26, 2002 04:05AM
Posted by: andrew_S
zm doesnt suck, it is infact one of the easiest, and simplest to use, ive never really heard of autocad that much, as a good 3d modeler, but i tell you zm is 10x easier to model in than max, stick with it......
Date: November 26, 2002 04:28AM
i'll think bout it...but AutoCAD is the easiest i have ever worked with. I tried 3DSM, but it seems to have a long learning curve.

ZM just doesnt seem as userfriendly as autoCAD

AutoCAD is used by engineers and stuff like that. alot of ppl in my skool got jobs like that for the simple fact they are experts at autoCAD. Extreamly easy to start with, but then becomes more advanced the more involved you get.

Excelent program...all 400 versions :S >:(

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 26, 2002 05:37AM
lol, yes, id heard of it (my dad used something like it, he is an engineer) but seriously zm is not hard to use, stick with it, and after a day or 2 of messing you will get the hang of it, need any help, im here, we need as many people working on this as possable, to get this game going again
Date: November 26, 2002 06:17AM
yeah, will do, thanx for the offer. Just got more important things to do rather than learn ANOTHER CAD program.....

Date: November 26, 2002 12:02PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I just wish to answer to your last question about the 2 cars liveries:
You have an easy way to create the both cars:
Just change your personnal carshape for the 1st car and export it to the game.
Then run Genius and save it as a wrl file.
It's the 3d scene description but in a text format, so you just have to replace all calls to car_1.tex to car_2.tex. Save the file and then open it with Genius and save it as the 2nd car in the game.

In theory, it might work :)

Date: November 26, 2002 12:34PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
LEAR 3DS max.... its not that hard... learning some things atm =P

Date: November 26, 2002 03:24PM
LOL Ellis: Thats good!

OK with autocad (dont like it) and 3ds (like it a lot) we've more possibilities. But remember - and you wrote it above - how long you have to learn that programs.

Also they cost's a lot. Zmodeler is free and very easy to use.

@Lo2K: You know my bad english sometimes ;) . So please wrote the same like above. But please - wrote it that i can understand what you mean ;9

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Date: November 27, 2002 02:17AM
Well im in college....lecturer isnt in...so im gona go home, get a tutorial and then see what i can do. Hopefully some nice shapes gona be produced

Date: November 27, 2002 04:02AM
Im at home now, and i have the rest of the day to learn how to change points. So what im gonig to do is this

Most ppl seem to be exploring how far we can take shape editing right now - as shown by the DTM, sports cars and stuff that are going about. Therefore, i think its safe to assume, that provided you dont mess up the wire-mesh, an F1 2002 style shape will certainly work.

I will start learning Z-modeler later today (very soon in fact), and will fetch pics of all the 2002 cars (especially the Sauber, Jagaur, Toyota and Minardi) and see what i can do before the end of tonight.

How does that sound?

Oh, and Mike, am i right in thinking ur Flo? Or have u just put that home page in your account cos you like it?

Date: November 27, 2002 04:08AM
What i mean is for example benetton or renault: Lar1_0_lod and car2_0_lod are the same shapes but they uses different grafics from tex (car 2 has a red stripe on nose or carnumbers...).

i think so. Both cars use different texture mapping, so have different shapes. You have to change both files to get it to apply to both cars. We could actaully have 22 different shapes in the game if we really wanted!

I think its very hard to create a good arrows 2002 carshapes because of the nosecone.

i can imagine, but im sure if ppl can make DTM cars, someone can make an Arrows? Not a huge deal at the moment, Arrows are a bit dead :(

I've started to work on renault (ok i made some changes to ferrari nosecone and rear part). I wondered on renaults front wing. Some polygons are conected stupidly (sorry dont know the word).

stupidly is a good enough word for me

Using other cars is ok, as long as the final result looks good and of course works

Date: November 27, 2002 11:38AM
Posted by: Lo2k
lol, sorry Mike, I won't rewrite it simply because i was wrong, you can't change only textures names from 1st and 2nd car, you would need to change texture coordinates and that would be so long to explain how to do it correctly that an editor would be release before i finish to explain it :)

Date: November 27, 2002 12:40PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
zmodeler is a free program made by a guy that only wanted to help communitys as ours.. so it's just perfect atm....

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: November 27, 2002 01:16PM
the LODS are not the same shape, the further down numericlly you go, the less polygons are used to make the car, hence the name LOD, level of detail, its got nothing to do with the texture mapping, all cars use for example bar_2.tex, and the hi textures are not used in teh texturemapping, but work in the game, a bit like the gp3jamsh, and gp3jams situation in the gp3 TE
Date: December 01, 2002 02:02PM
@ Lo2k. I've time enough. So explain it for me... ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy