won't let me install patch

Posted by rolly 
won't let me install patch
Date: November 25, 2002 02:57PM
Posted by: rolly
i sort of have the same problem as Go Alesi, in that i can't install the patch. i bought GP4 a while ago, and installed it. i've not been able to play it up to now, cos it never worked, but then i saw this new 9.6 patch was out i was hoping it'd work.

now i want to install the patch it wont let me cos it says the game isnt installed. this is because a while ago i formatted my windows drive, but kept the games installed on the D: drive. of course in the registry it doesnt look like GP4 is installed. then i put the cd in to install it again, but alas, my carelessness has got rid of that idea, its all badly scratched up - totally unlike me i swear!

so is there a way i can make it look like GP4 is installed to the patch, so i wont have to get another GP4 copy or try send mine back to microprose and wait for a couple of weeks/months?!

please, if anyone could help me i'd be their best friend forever or something!

thanks in advance, a very desperate,
Joe
Re: won't let me install patch
Date: November 25, 2002 02:59PM
Posted by: Vader
would you even cut my toenails?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 25, 2002 03:00PM
perhaps. i suppose it depended what they looked... like but basically almost anything.
Date: November 25, 2002 03:03PM
it is dangerous to ask mw what my toenails look like. I am almost tempted to post pictures ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 25, 2002 04:13PM
Posted by: Orpheus
NOOOOOO DONTTTTTT :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: November 25, 2002 09:22PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
It's simple to solve your problems. Check your resgistry for gp4.

There should be some informations also installed path. But at some users it only shows the harddrive (c:, D:) and not the full path. So change the values to correct path.

Please test it with and without value GP4.exe

For example: YourDrive:/YourDirectory/GP4.exe
or: YourDrive:/YourDirectory/

greets

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: November 26, 2002 02:39AM
I think i'm a real f1 sim fan or not?

Let's make a poll out of it. Who thinks he is, please post a loud and clear yes, the rest plese use a disctinctive no.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 26, 2002 03:10AM
Posted by: mortal
Do you want the good news? Or the bad news? First there is NO good news, and now for the bad news, even if you solve your registry problem, very easy to do I might add, you still will not be able to play because the patched v9.6 exe requires that you insert your cd. Now as you said before that your cd is now a drink coaster you will not be able to play ;-) Shame about that, and guess what, even Blind Freddie was able to see that one! You can of course wait until the decyrpted v9.6 exe is released to the community and I'm sure that won't take too long. Blind Freddy is probably workin' on it right now ;-) And your now my best friend, please send all your money, and your girlfriend or your wife. Otherwise I will sic Vader on to you.....down boy....sit...staaaaay, nooooo not yet...waaait for it....

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 26, 2002 03:17AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
how can u badly scratch a brand new cd so quickly? i have thrown around a cd, and purposely tried to scratch it on surfaces (it was a good frisbee:D) and the cd still worked!!! (it was a demo cd)

damn u musta played a lot of frisbee with the gp4 cd to stop it from working.

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 26, 2002 03:21AM
Posted by: Ellis
i can scracth CDs without trying....then when i try u can hardly make a mark in them!!!

they also bend to incredible angles before snapping

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 26, 2002 03:46AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
ya i have lots of fun with old CDs they are such good frisbees I might take one to the beach .... they seem like they would cut ur head off ...

Date: November 27, 2002 08:46AM
well can someone just tell me exactly what i have to do to let me install the patch (i.e. stuff in the registry, and then i'll get the no-cd thing when it comes out)...

please help me!
Date: November 27, 2002 08:50AM
also, the reason i'm installing this patch is the game does not work for me on my new pc... it used to work on my old one.

on this one it goes into the game, but when i actually go to race, (the actual 3d bit), it just exits to pc... it won't do a graphics test either.

my new pc is a P4 2.4Ghz, geforce4 ti-4600, so it should be fine.

does the patch supposedly fix probs like these? otherwise i might as well not go to all this bother.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy