Running latest Melbourne tracks without gpxpatch

Posted by neilcaine 
Running latest Melbourne tracks without gpxpatch
Date: May 02, 2010 02:31PM
Posted by: neilcaine
As I don't use gpxpatch, i just wanted to know if anyone knows a way to use the new layout Melbourne track in gp4 - the game crashes to the desktop or when you enter the pits the car goes through the pitwall and back onto the track. This is obviously due to the layout change but is there a version of the track or a fix to get the 2009 track working? - any help would be appreciated
If it's a layout problem gpx wouldn't fix it anyway. I wasn't aware there was an 09 version.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I'm in the same situation!

I've always played without any patch at all, and practically all the tracks work, except Melbourne , I use the original.

Turkey is playable & Hockenheim (new layout) until the end of qually or race, then it jumps to the desktop.

Since we're on the topic... Can anyone make Jcaranti & SchueyFan's Singapore circuit work without a patch?

I've seen videos and the track... it's AWESOME!!! Well done guys!!!(Y)

ps I know what most will say... USE THE PATCH!!!

I guess one day we'll have to make the jump.
it's all well everyone saying 'use the patch' however, i've experienced some instances on some machines where it cauese massive PO jumps in debug mode, which makes the game unplayable. normally it's OK though

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
I like to use tracks which still have the ideal line showing (not many of the new tracks do) and i did find a Melbourne 09 track at [gp4-gc.blogspot.com] but it won't run without gpxpatch - will just have to keep updating the .tex files for the new advertising etc and maybe wait for the codemasters game which hopefully will be as realistic as GP4.

On the subject of gpxpatch which I have tried but get frustrated with, - does anyone know how to remove the lap counter from the main screen and how to move the rev counter/speedometer right down to the left-hand corner of the screen (where the original is) - as the default seems to high up?
The lap counter on the main screen is not controlled by gpx afaik, check the manual for the key binds on that one. If you can't find your manual, check the first page of the GPGSL topic, download link for the GPGSL mod, you'll find the manual is uploaded there in pdf format. Moving the rev counter is as simple as changing the x and y coordinates in the ini file. Use the gpxCinfo tab to access the ini file or to disable/enable the rev counter.
Singapore track must have gpx enabled and high verbosity on in order to run.
Swearing in the forum is not tolerated! (Code$%#@*&s) ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
@neilcaine I saw this bug last year with the pit wall 2007 track. I think it was a plus it seemed like nobody else reported the problem so I figured it was my mistake.

Reinstalled the track with ZaZ tools TSM. The problem was solved with the reinstall. I don’t see why you cannot use this method to change tracks. But of course I'm using the GPxPatch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy