Extracting live data from GP4 for external hardware

Posted by Mr Pibb 
Hello everyone.

I have an F1 steering wheel powered by a Beta Innovations Plasma Lite. Leo Lacava (the guy who builds the Plasma Lite cards) may add GP4 to his new USIM (Universal Sim) software that runs the Plasma Lite for racing sims. :-) This would be fantastic. To be able to have the gear display, rpm revs, LCD screen etc showing live data during a race - awesome!

He is asking for SDK samples for doing this. I know Laurent had a G15 plugin for GP4 sometime ago and I assume the data can be extracted via GPxPatch. (?) Can anyone help with pointing me towards some sort of file that would help this guy make a plugin to drive Beta Innovations hardware?

Many thanks.

You mean this Laurent? ;)
Quite a lot of realtime info can be fetched via shared memory guarded with mutexes from GPxPatch, but the SDK of the iVibe part is not publically available.
You can try to contact Rene if he has a SDK. Else I have a wrapper lying around with some added functionality.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy