v9.6 GP4.exe plz help!!

Posted by raztahz 
v9.6 GP4.exe plz help!!
Date: November 25, 2002 01:11AM
Posted by: raztahz
my gp4's stuffed!!!
can anyone PLzz send or email me a UPLOAD of v6.9 GP4.exe from their infogrames/gp4 directory...asap!

i have figured out why my gp4 stuffed... i installed it wrong and its completely stuffed.... its crap.... i made a stupid mistake....eveythings working fine except the tv and arcade overlays.... i can't really uninstall it cauz it says it is updated ans even though i uninstall it manually... it still recognises it as an installed game...

i tried to install it and install the patch again....but, it says gp4 is already installed.... and it doesn't send the patch over the game!

plz help ASAP!!!

Re: v9.6 GP4.exe plz help!!
Date: November 25, 2002 02:40AM
Posted by: Ellis
wait a sec....ur wanting the patched exe? u cud just make backups - reinatlled the game and patch

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 25, 2002 03:56AM
Posted by: mortal
I have already told you what to do and if you had read through the posts you would see that it is NECESSARY, ok I shall repeat that, NECESSARY that you CLEAN-UP your registry!! If the install says it's there when it isn't then traces remain in the registry. That is why you are getting nowhere. As I said before use cleanreg or similar to REMOVE redundant registry entries. Once you have stripped your registry of the useless gp4 entries then and only then can you do your new CLEAN install. Once you have done that (and believe me it is the ONLY correct solution) please take the time to read Morbid's excellent "patch 101" post on the CORRECT method of patch installation. This WILL cure your problems once and for all. Adding an exe might work but there is no guarantee. You could try using the full 9.6 exe included within the packed rar, so what's wrong with trying that then? Why would someone have to send you an exe when you already have a perfectly good one that came with the patch in the first place? Sorry but it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Please do the registry clean-up. Then do a full re-install of gp4, then apply the patch using the directions in the readme or as I said before just read Morbid's post. OK, Get to it and "say Hi to your Mum for me" ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 25, 2002 04:09AM
not the patch....but the gp4.exe from the gp4 folder that has allread been updated by the patch....

one thing....does yur tv overlays work when the leading car passes the start/finish line and show the positions? mine doesn't and i missing the acrcade and tv overlays

Date: November 25, 2002 04:14AM
tell me...where exactly is the registry entries on my computer??

i really don't know wat your talkin about but i did read madrid watevas post

Date: November 25, 2002 04:30AM
I give up, if you don't know about your registry and how to edit it you have no hope.....and btw, I don't use the tv and arcade overlays, a useless waste of graphics. And this comment of yours: not the patch....but the gp4.exe from the gp4 folder that has allread been updated by the patch.... I said that this exe that you are asking for is inside the original patch rar, you know, the rar that you downloaded, just extract it and use it. It is the UPDATED exe, what more can I say......two planks springs to mind, sandwich short of a picnic, couple of tinnies short of a sixpack, shall I go on :-) Just noticed you said " I installed it wrong" Then re-install it!!!! OK then can't re-install? Guess what, clean your registry, don't know how? Go to google.com and learn how! Do we have to do everything for you? And one more thing, have you checked the version yet, I bet you haven't, tell us what it says.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 25, 2002 07:46AM
Posted by: Vader
You did read Madrid's post? Madrid, the evil twin of Morbid?

Reminds me of German soccer player Andreas Möller who said, when asked which club he wanted to play for: "I don't care if it's Milano or Madrid, as long as it's in Italy".

Mortalwombat -

how do I open tinnies? I have never done this and I think I have put the sixpack onto the wrong shelf. Could you please send me some new beer? I need it, because I can hardly await to bend the elbow again. An don't tell me that even blind Freddy could see that.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 25, 2002 07:54AM
Posted by: Morbid
Madrid's post is here:

[www.grandprix3.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 26, 2002 01:09AM
Hmmmm, all's quiet on the western front....perhaps problem has been solved maybe ;-) Maybe "Blind Freddy" had something to do with it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy