Question about PO and framerate

Posted by jucksman 
Question about PO and framerate
Date: April 28, 2010 01:43PM
Posted by: jucksman
Hello,

I've finally got myself a new PC with a much more powerful graphics card. I'm able now to play GP4 in high resolution with a framerate of 60fps and PO of 24-40. However, sometimes the PO goes through the roof (to over 200) and framerate drops incredibly without any reasons that I can see. This never happens at race stars - those are always normal and fast, but this "problem" appears almost every lap for a few seconds and then returns to normal.

Based on what I've seen in some other topics, I'm thinking it could be one of these possibilities that are causing this:
1. The videowalls
2. Crowd animation

Can it be one of these or should I be looking for some other problem?

Thanks!
Re: Question about PO and framerate
Date: April 28, 2010 05:32PM
Posted by: Cyberacer
Reading your post made me remember that a friend of mine had the same problem a couple of years ago.

It prooved to be the operation of Norton Antivirus that every here and then was using very much of the CPU potential and the ingame PO was raised above 600.
He switched to another antivirus and the problem went away.

I just thought it could be something like that.

Date: April 29, 2010 03:07AM
Posted by: buballo
I agree Cyberacer, it would be a background program. I find the most intense period is the start of a race, if you get spikes after that, something else is running in the background. I have a high end pc too. I have around 35% at the start and it sttles to around 20% during a race.

Cheers
Date: April 30, 2010 02:17AM
Posted by: jucksman
Im still trying to find the culprit..I removed Norton from my pc but still have sudden framerate drops and po spikes. I read in another post that the sound settings could also mame the game slower..

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Date: May 01, 2010 10:22AM
Posted by: Cyberacer
What you read about the sound settings is something I 've noticed once.
If you 're using a modded sound set replace it with the original one to verify that it's not the cause of the problem.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy