question on AI performances

Posted by aussiesta 
question on AI performances
Date: April 23, 2010 08:24AM
Posted by: aussiesta
Hi, quick question on AI drivers' performance. I saw in another post a reference to how performances adjust in a racing league:
"Drivers points are added to the performance and subtracted from the variance eg: If a driver scores 10 points his performance shall differ from 16020,600,16050,600 to 16030(+10), 590(-10), 16060(+10), 590(-10)."
I wonder if that's the way it normally works when you race against the AI in a full championship. Is it? If so, does anyone knows whether the addition/substaction of points can be edited? I'm asking because I modified my GP4 with a tool so the winner gets 25 points rather than 10, the guy coming second 18 rather than 6, etc. Is the performance system affected by this, or just the championship standings?
Thanks.
Re: question on AI performances
Date: April 23, 2010 08:45AM
Posted by: shep34
You altering the points allocated to the finishing order will NOT affect any AI performances at all. To change the AI performance, you physically have to do it, with something like TeamEditor......
Date: April 23, 2010 03:21PM
Posted by: mortal
Only the standings are affected. What you refer to is The GPGSL and it's use of the performance files changing for each event. In a GP4 single player championship the performances remain static, in a league they are changed and are therefore dynamic. Hope that answers your question for you. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 24, 2010 01:30AM
I see. So, in single player championships, the variance is a static number for the Ai drivers, unaffected by how many points they score, correct?
Date: April 24, 2010 01:47AM
Posted by: polizzije
Correct, with Team Editor you could manually change this Performances values (from16000 to 16500) the smaller number is de variance of the particular driver (1500 or 2000). So for the first higher is better and for the second one lower is best.
Eg: for a driver with 15000 and 1000. It means that he could perform in the range of 16000 or 14000.

Or at least is what I understand and believe ;)
Date: April 24, 2010 01:51AM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy