v9.6 patch problem!! very disapointed

Posted by raztahz 
v9.6 patch problem!! very disapointed
Date: November 22, 2002 11:02PM
Posted by: raztahz
for almost the entire life span of gp4 i thought this will fix up the crap that is wrong on my system.... though there is really nothin wrong and works extremely well in my machine, i thought i might see wat effects will it do.

from previous... i had the general problem of my computer rebooting before it would enter a race... problem was fixed! which i was very happy about and sended a post about it
( just fiddle with yur graphic excel)

now to the point, i hope this problem only concerns me
as i enter the race with my game reinstalled and installed the patch...
my dials and arcade overlay disappears leaving a cut out on my screen.

also the ferrari textures are gone as so does some of the black textures.
this made me pissed!! ... also when i tried to unistall gp4 it would come up as "update allready installed "@!#$" i tried to uninstall it manualy but still the computer recognises it as an updated gp4!!

i am very diappointed.

one thing i did like about the patch was it fixed the tv style race positions and overlays which was very impressive!!

i hope this only concerns me!

Re: v9.6 patch problem!! very disapointed
Date: November 23, 2002 01:58AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
buga.. dat aint sound good... i'm sure some1 on this forum knows how to fix a prob like that :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 23, 2002 06:43AM
Posted by: StefanGordon
Damn the patch sucks...

Its created more bugs than its fixed!
I dont know how to post an image but i'll try to anyway:

:@

Date: November 23, 2002 06:51AM
eek

dats 1 stuffed up pic :s

Chris C
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
Date: November 23, 2002 07:16AM
Posted by: tux
ure lucky, you can actually start the game

Date: November 23, 2002 07:29AM
Posted by: Ellis
guess what....my GP4 no longer runs >:(

I installed it....it went ok, it ran, no sigficant improvments, then it crashed, and now it doesnt run at all. Deling the two fiels stated didnt do it either

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 23, 2002 08:11AM
Posted by: mortal
remove gp4, remove all registry entries, you can use system mechanic, cleanreg or enter a search string like Infogrames or Grand Prix 4 to regedit from the start run menu, just remove the references in hkey local machine/software/ Use f3 to cycle through the search entries. Be careful editing the registry, get it wrong and your system may no longer run. A backup is wise ;-) If you are missing textures a re-install is the only option. You too Dave, sorry m8 ;-) hehe don'tcha just love it.......

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 23, 2002 08:25AM
I cant be arsed at the moment. Fact is, my game ran pretty sweet before that, and the patch @#$%& it all up

Infogrames are really pissing me off. They release crap pacthes, then take them bac, then wait months for another one, which is messing up ppls games!

How bad is the customer servcie/ customer satisfaction!!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 23, 2002 08:32AM
Posted by: Vader
We all shopuld be fair now and calm down a bit.

Fact is: almost no one of us is running an out of box version of Gp4. We have all changed one or two (or even more) things. Most of us are using decrypted/no-cd versions of the exe, most of us have season 2002 updates and a few - like you Ellis - have even changed the slots of carshapes.

Fact is: Infogrames has developped a patch for the out of box version of Grand Prix 4.

Conclusion: Maybe it is not only Infogrames who is to blame. Try to install Grand Prix 4 from the scratch, apply the patch and if it still don't work than you can blame Infogrames.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 23, 2002 08:37AM
Fact is: almost no one of us is running an out of box version of Gp4

it is considered out of the box when u reinstall it tho

Conclusion: Maybe it is not only Infogrames who is to blame. Try to install Grand Prix 4 from the scratch, apply the patch and if it still don't work than you can blame Infogrames.

yes, i have, thats why im blaming infogrames. I had a working game, they give me apatch to make it better, and now i have something worth £30 on my computer that is not operational

Date: November 23, 2002 08:42AM
If you had a working game, why did you need the patch? Never touch a running system, they say ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 23, 2002 08:43AM
If you had a working game, why did you need the patch? Never touch a running system, they say ;)

altho my game was working, it was working with the bugs. I got stuck in the pits, missing kerbs, crappy FFB, slow fps, and everything else that goes with it.

It worked, but it had the bugs that others had, i wanted rid of the bugs

Date: November 23, 2002 08:47AM
So what about a second buglist?

*hint hint*

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 23, 2002 08:48AM
it will simply be longer. It appaears we are having more problems. Stefan is having the bmps over his screen, me and jon are having two different problems booting up the game. Others dont have working steering wheels (LS lost his brake pedal).

others cant load games anymore.

This isnt looking good

Date: November 23, 2002 08:50AM
Posted by: Orpheus
:P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: November 23, 2002 08:51AM
*shakes head*

geezzz, now i'm scared to play gp4 too much.. mite crash and neva work again :s

i only tested the patch for 5 mins.. no probs occured then

Chris C
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
Date: November 23, 2002 08:51AM
I think Stefan's problem is more driver elated tahn a real in-game bug

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 23, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: Spike02
hmm, mine seems okay

i've had the odd crash (wasn't what this patch was supposed to fix ;)) but i've managed to get 3 fps more => i get 23fps.

23 fps on a P3 500 mHz processor. That's ironic compared to others on higher spec computers :P

maybe i should expect the worse :S

Date: November 23, 2002 12:40PM
Posted by: Roly
I hate to say this, but I run GP4 "out of the box", I installed the patch,and it runs o.k,but it ran o.k. before! I can't really see what the patch has done though,besides @#$%& my steering wheel up,so I put the pedals on a different axis ,and it's fine. Sorry everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: November 23, 2002 01:23PM
Posted by: gap177
I did a complete uninstall/registry cleanup/install and applied the new patch and have not had any serious problems yet....crossing fingers and toes!!.I ran 100% race at Hockenheim and everything ran ok,well except my driving.....crappy race.My only problem is a loss of 3-5 fps,I'll probably have to edit the graphics file again.....still have a Gforce2MX400.....I plan on updating that after Christmas.I also can't use hardware sound as well....causes the PO to skyrocket 50-100%.Got to feel sorry for you guys who are having the BIG problems......I can't see how this game won ANY award considering that so many people are having troubles with it.Definately hoping on a second patch!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy