2009 trackpack

Posted by ooleeeo 
2009 trackpack
Date: April 16, 2010 10:05AM
Posted by: ooleeeo
I will upload a 2009 trackpack(non-TSM) without singapore,but with a good version of abu dhabi.
File size is 832mb(uncompressed).

Kimi forever!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 10:20AM by ooleeeo.
Re: 2009 trackpack
Date: April 16, 2010 10:24AM
Posted by: mortal
Do you have permission from the authors to compile a trackpack?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 16, 2010 10:28AM
Posted by: ooleeeo
no,is it essential?
I mean,I will include their names in the readme.

Kimi forever!
Date: April 16, 2010 10:41AM
You cannot include tracks into a track pack and upload it without the permission of the track/s creator/s. Some tracks are released on a particular site only, others are perhaps hosted by the track creator. Sometimes track authors like to track downloads/usage of their work, a re-release by someone else negates that tracking. You cannot release someone else's work without permission to do so, unless it clearly states that you can re-release and/or insert into a trackpack in the original readme or gpform.txt file. The last link posted to a 2009 track pack was declared illegal (leeched) and was deleted from this site. What is the point anyway, when users can download individual tracks and insert them via a set file or TSM.
As you are a relatively new user here, I will point out to you that this site has a low tolerance for leechers and people who rip off other users work and claim it as their own.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 16, 2010 04:49PM
Posted by: polizzije
Mortal, don’t be so hard on ooleeeo. For his questions is obvious that he don’t mean any harm and less steal the work of others.

I know that leecherd is one of the badest words in this forum and in any other with respectable members that appreciate and recognize the work of others. But don’t think that this is the case.

Ooleeeo, the best thing you can do if you want to help others is to be able to response questions and help new users in the generation of their own packs and mods. All get benefits with this policy, common knowledge is far better that the individual one.
Date: April 16, 2010 05:54PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not being harsh. It's better that I say something now, before the wolves descend. :-)
It's a known fact that some track authors don't want their tracks inserted into a track pack and re-released as XXXXtrackpack by &%$@*&. That is their choice and if we wish to use their tracks, we should respect that choice.
No one is stopping him from doing the hard yards, chasing down all of the authors and asking for the permission to insert the tracks. But if he was to go ahead and release it, without doing that, it could be a problem and the effort would have been wasted. It has happened before here, and there's been some trouble and the usual name calling etc. links deleted blah blah, so from my point of view it's better to give some advice on the situation.
Stating the fact that this site, historically, has a low tolerance for leechers, is not stating that someone is a leecher. I merely point out the fact that theft of intellectual property, although not copyrighted is not looked on too kindly by a lot of users here. Respect is the issue, show the author due respect, after all he laboured many hours for all of us, and did it for nothing. By doing the right thing, respect is also earned. It's far easier for me to see it done right, than have to step in later and delete links, clean up a mess because of complaints and wade through reports and pm's over it.

Date: April 16, 2010 06:25PM
Posted by: polizzije
Correct!! 100% on the same boat, but just don’t be so hard on new users, new blood is always a good thing in a forum!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy