patch is out

Posted by ferrariace 
Re: patch is out
Date: November 22, 2002 02:29PM
Posted by: Covfan
Well I still have a problem with the Sky Messages not appearing. But I think that's my graphics card (It was alright before)
Date: November 22, 2002 02:32PM
Posted by: Morbid
A lot of the text from the list of fixes are very similar to the text in the Bug List. I don't think that they would have selected such a small list of changes if they based the patch work on our document. Lets hope that the small list of changes is the usual PR stunt. We fix a lot but don't write about it in the patch documentation, thus implying that we did the job right the first time (even though we fixed it a 6 months after the release). Ah well, I am off to download.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 22, 2002 02:35PM
Posted by: Covfan
Would Infogrames want to brag about solving every bug in the GP4 game?
Date: November 22, 2002 02:45PM
And thereby say once and for all:

"Yeah we released a beta version of the game with over 200 real bugs, and we let the community work out the beta testing for free without even helping them at all, and took 6 months to fix it. But now it is fixed."

I can understand why they wouldn't. Do the job right the first time is lotz better image than fixing it 6 months later.

Date: November 22, 2002 03:19PM
Posted by: Whitey
Did you expect them to crack it for u too? lol
Date: November 22, 2002 03:20PM
Posted by: simonsteele
WooHoo!

This puts my fps up to 14, drops my PO by 25%, and gives me textures on the marshalls and pitcrew!

woohoo!

Date: November 22, 2002 03:30PM
Posted by: Ellis
This puts my fps up to 14[./i]

up by 14, or up to 14?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 22, 2002 03:32PM
Posted by: ferrariace
What are you talking about I have the cd.
Date: November 22, 2002 03:42PM
I got positive proof of a truckload of fixes in the game that are NOT in the documentation. They've even fixed bugs that we didn't report, like the "broken realistic weather" slider, "artifacts on the tyres". Also the liveries have gotten an overhaul.

The "Weird Red spots and brake discs" have been fixed. And I cannot, no matter what I do, get the psycho glossy look on the cars anymore. No more seeing a reflection of your grandma in the grandstands on the car.

However, not everything has been fixed. The lap chart "retired from race" boxes are still all over the place. And there are still some typos in the "track info" boxes.

But at a first glance the patch does look like a postive and decent piece of work. I hope my opinion stays like that.

And to those of you that have problems with the patch, try uninstalling everything, reinstalling and extracting the patch to temp folder. Then run the setup in the patch and apply it. It worked like a charm for me.

Date: November 22, 2002 03:43PM
Posted by: Vader
Who would dare to contradict you :-)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 22, 2002 03:44PM
Posted by: simonsteele
"up by 14, or up to 14?"

up to, i know get 14fps!

Date: November 22, 2002 04:28PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, you're right.
Patch solved car banking (at less at Indianapolis) and tyres artifact (they look really smooth) and also the long awaiten for few of us :
Audigy T-cam and rear chase cam sound fix.
So they did more than they say...at less, they did it.

Date: November 22, 2002 05:13PM
The "director cut and switch to T-cam" bug is fixed.

Also the gravel traps and sliproads at Spa are fixed. But the invisible curb at Blachimont is still missing. I have not checked if there still is a rumble effect.

Slipstreaming is seriously nerfed. No more Vacuum cleaner when you want to pass. And shedding a wing means real trouble now.

Still looking good.

Date: November 22, 2002 06:23PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
does the director mode works everytime now?

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: November 22, 2002 06:29PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
and do we llose all the updates we have done? ex: car skins, helmets, grass textures... cameras, etc....

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: November 22, 2002 07:10PM
Dammit!

This is NOT correct: Also the gravel traps and sliproads at Spa are fixed. But the invisible curb at Blachimont is still missing. I have not checked if there still is a rumble effect.

The sliproads are not fixed on Spa, because they were never broken. Also the gravel traps are still like grass. I took a spin at Hockenheim, and the sliproads there are not fixed either. Also the invisible curb at Spa, Blanchimont is still there, rumble effect and all. :(

Also the telemetry traces on "ride heights" and "Suspension Travel" are still pretty suspicious. And it is still possible to screw up the spring settings in level 2 setup menu. And the #2 pit stop slider is still broken. Bummer.

I guess I couldn't have it all.

Oh well at least they wrote this in the readme:

"The following problems should be fixed with the patch V9.6.
If some of them remain on your computer, please contact us through our
website "[www.grandprixgames.com"]; or through our hotlines.

I wonder if that extends to problems they didn't mention in the fix list?

Date: November 22, 2002 09:58PM
Posted by: Larry
Maybe they figured that we would end up fixing the gravel traps by ourselves once a track editor is released! So it might be just as well that they concentrate on other bugs.

Date: November 22, 2002 10:10PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
oh this is cool.. i just finished downloading it now :D ... gota test

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 23, 2002 02:08AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
seems to run prety much the same 4 me.. altho i havn't done all those tricks with the f1 config file yet.. so i dno.

if i loose the front wing, it feels more understeery now tho.. it was hard to tel tho sicne iv'e only tried it out with keys as i couldn't b bothered connecting up my wheel as yet.

looks promising tho!

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 23, 2002 03:37AM
Posted by: Lo2k
no, you won't loose any graphical part added when using the decrypted original exe, so you can use the decrypted (original) exe when you want to use some editor and then use the patch to play the game with your nice graphics.

Anyhow, some tools will not work as their datas are store in the exe, that's why cameditor don't work, for exemple.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy