what am i doing wrong

Posted by Rendezvous 
what am i doing wrong
Date: November 21, 2002 03:08AM
Posted by: Rendezvous
I installed GP4 recently and after a few goes, thought I'd update it a bit, trouble is, I can't decrypt the game. I downloaded the no cd patch with the decrypted patch and also downloaded them separately. Although I copy the decrypted exe file to the game folder and it overwrites it, when I try to use the performance editor or GPX, they say the game isn't decrypted. What am I doing wrong??

www.rendezvousontour.co.uk for the best original music
Re: what am i doing wrong
Date: November 21, 2002 06:04AM
Posted by: Morbid
No offence, but perhaps you are using a "less" official version of the game?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 21, 2002 06:33AM
nope - I got it from Amazon, complete in sealed box - I don't use ripped of proggies

Date: November 21, 2002 06:37AM
Also, when I first did it, it worked fine and the game was decrypted, but I had a problem with it after a few days and had to re-install it, since then I haven't been able to decrypt it.

Date: November 21, 2002 09:41AM
Posted by: jp2
as far as i know theres two versions around.. one for the original and one for the "patched" gp4.exe. are you sure you have the right one ?

gretings, jp
Date: November 21, 2002 12:12PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Just another idea:
Maybe the editors you are telling are searching in the registry to find where is GP4 !
I don't know how reacts other editors when the gp4 reg key is corrupted, they surely not find the game and maybe telling you it is an unknown gp4 version.
All i could advice you is to download my TyreSet program which provide a function to specify or re-specify gp4 path to re-reg GP4 correctly in the registry.
This way you will be sure your registry is ok.

Hope you will find the matter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy