Cameditor : With or without details

Posted by Lo2k 
Cameditor : With or without details
Date: November 16, 2002 01:50PM
Posted by: Lo2k
hi All,

As i am near to release a new Cameditor version, i wished to ask to all users what they think about the details boxes.
Do some of you use them ?
For me, they are about useless because they don't seem to do much things in game and that we still don't really know what they exactly do.

So I'm about do delete them to be able to bring a biggest 3D preview with, that time, a real GP4 ferrari carshape ! (thanks to my old friends Sven and Jon :).

What do you think about those details ? Do you need them ?

Re: Cameditor : With or without details
Date: November 17, 2002 03:36PM
Well, whether nobody is using Cameditor, whether I am not speaking a so good english and nobody understood my question :)

Well, i will try to ask it a better way:

Are some of you changing the car and wheels details ?
If so i will let those parameters in the next release, else i will delete them as they are not really usefull.

Hope i'd be clearer :)

Thanks by advance.

Date: November 17, 2002 03:53PM
Posted by: Morbid
Sounds like you got something exciting going here... But I am not quite sure I understand what you mean by "details boxes" and "Are some of you changing the car and wheels details?".

Could you post a screenshot of what exactly it is that we wouldn't be able to change? Perhaps with a coloured circle around it?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 17, 2002 05:34PM
Posted by: LS.
a camera editor would be cool for for screenshots

lets hope its out soon

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 19, 2002 02:30AM
Posted by: mortal
Will your cam editor allow T-cam editing?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 19, 2002 11:29AM
no, I havn't found the T-cam for now...sorry

Date: November 19, 2002 11:31AM
Hmm, but my cam editor is out since many month ago, aren't you know ? :)

Date: November 19, 2002 11:43AM
Well, here is the area (in red) i'm speaking about and that I may delete in the next Cameditor version.

Date: November 19, 2002 12:21PM
Thanx.

Yeah, I knew your cameditor had been released, but I have been busy with other things. Also, I felt no real desire to mod GP4, with its future being so unclear.

The screenshot really helps a lot. I can see what you mean, when you suggest that the car and wheel details are something that most people might not use at all. I am pretty sure that I won't use them at all, regardless of how much I mod GP4. If they are a lot of trouble to do, I can certainly understand why you would want to delete those options. It seems reasonably enough.

However, I feel confident that a small group of people will probably miss them if you remove those sections. And of course, most of those will voice their objections after you release the new version, because they won't notice before they download the new version. Thats what usually happens when editors are released and some options are removed. Not that its gonna be a big fuss or anything. Just the usual couple of posts with "Hey, where did xxx go?"

Anyway, people like to able to change everything into their particular taste. I might like a sequence like: camera number 1) Heli-cam 2) T-cam 3) Helmet-cam while you might prefer 1) T-cam 2) Helmet-cam 3) Heli-cam. Perhaps there will be some problems with the sequence of cameras, if they are radically changed, like a T-cam into a Heli-cam. But I guess you know more about whether or not this can become a problem than I do. Anyway, even if it does pose problems, most would still be able to get the cameras they want. It would just be a case of knowing of the issue in advance (readme.txt?) and choosing the right cam-slot for the right job.

To sum up, with the above in mind, I think that you can pretty much do what you think is right, as long as people get clear instructions on what the editor can do, and what it cannot do and why...

Date: November 19, 2002 12:25PM
Oh, btw, this cameditor looks heaps better and easier to use than the old ones. Keep it up, m8!

Date: November 19, 2002 02:24PM
Thanks for your reply Morbid,

You were really precise like usual in your answer.

Like you said, my think is that most users are not using those parameters as they change about nothing in the game.
But i also think about the 2-3 hardcore tweakers which might use them and will ask me (after the next release of course) why i havn't keep them.

And that's why i ask on the forum before my next release, I know that all users are not coming on the forum but there are some great fan users and i thought some could tell me what they think about it...

Well, i will see what i will do finaly when i will be ready for the next release (not so far away :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy