Patch ahoy!

Posted by Vader 
Patch ahoy!
Date: November 15, 2002 02:50PM
Posted by: Vader
Just got this e-mail:

Hallo Grand-Prix-4.de Mitglieder!

Ihr seid die ersten, die es exklusiv erfahren: Der GP4 Patch erscheint nächste Woche! Dies bestätigte uns Infogrames in einem kurzen Statement. Hoffen wir, dass der Patch die vielen Bugs behebt und ein voller Erfolg wird.
Denn sollten auch nach der Installation des Patches noch grobe Fehler auftreten, ist das Spiel wohl völlig am Ende. Andernfalls könnte es eine "Wiederbelebung" der Szene geben.
Wird Infogrames das einhalten können oder ist es wieder nur eine "leere" Versprechung? Diskutiert darüber...

Eure Foren-Admins!

Translation (for David Ballard)

Hello Grand-Prix-4.de members!

You are the first to be informed exclusively: the GP4 patch will be released next week! This has been confirmed by Infogrames in a short statement. Let's hope the patch will be a full success and remove all the bugs. If there should still be severe bugs after the installation of the patch, the game would finally be dead. Otherwise it can be revived by the community.
Ids Infogrames gouing to keep there promise or is it just some other idle talk? Feel free to discuss it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: Patch ahoy!
Date: November 15, 2002 03:52PM
Posted by: Zcott
Date: November 15, 2002 04:18PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
lets hope its better than the last one

knowing infogrames/geoff it probably screwes up all the editors already made by changing the whole game around

j\k =]

Date: November 15, 2002 05:40PM
Posted by: Morbid
Looks real enough. Have a glance at what I snapped from <www.simracingworld.com>

Geoff Crammond has passed on some more information about the current status of the Grand Prix 4 patch to SimRacingWorld: -

The latest on the patch is that there were some issues which arose during testing which led to another version around the 4th of November. Consequently I think the earliest we might see the patch is during the week commencing 18th November. However, it is up to Infogrames to decide when it is ready for release.
Thanks to Geoff to keeping us updated.

Can't help being slightly excited...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 16, 2002 02:24AM
Posted by: LS.
Can't help being slightly excited...

one thing to remember though, how excited were you when GP4 was coming out?

i'm still a little aprehensive, and feel that the patch is'nt going to correct the correct things

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 16, 2002 02:40AM
Posted by: Beardless2
Do u think they would have improved the performance of the engine to get better fps, particulary with xp?

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: November 16, 2002 03:09AM
Posted by: Larry
Maybe Microsoft should come out with a patch for XP! :P

Date: November 16, 2002 12:43PM
Posted by: Glyn
My fingers, toes and everything else are crossed. Certain other parts of me however were too painful to cross, so they remain uncrossed.

Date: November 16, 2002 01:57PM
Posted by: Lo2k
some cheese parts maybe ?? :)))

Date: November 16, 2002 02:51PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
They'll only sort out the performance issues if they're relatively simple to correct. If not, xp users and all other people with poor performance will have to wait untill GP4 2002 or GP5 (If they come about).

Date: November 16, 2002 03:18PM
Hey lets not bitch-slap the patch just yet.

I am as dissappointed about the way GP4 turned out as the next guy. I think it sux that they released the game 6 months too early. But at least they are producing a patch. One thats even tested. Yes, it might be bad as @!#$. Yeah, it might do nothin about performance. Yeah it might even degrade the performance, and add more bugs to boot.

BUT...

We have not seen it! But commenting on what it wil do, or doesn't do?!? Thats just plain silly. We might as well be taking bets on what the login will be for the next person that registers on the forum will be. Or what shape the next cloud that passes the Mount Everest might have. Or whether not we will experience nuclear war within the next 25 years. Not very smart really... :p None of us know JACK about that!

I suggest (and have done so several times) that we take the patch when it comes, and try to figure out what we think about it in an organized way. I, for one, put in a lot of time and effort into getting it going, and I would like to know if it was worth it.

There will be plenty of time to bitchslap the patch, if it sux... Actually you will have the rest of your life to do it. So lets wait a week or two, before we begin, and lets make sure we know what we are talking about when we get there, okay?

Date: November 16, 2002 09:58PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yeah.. but ppl can say wot they want about the patch b4 it comes up.. its like its annoyign or anything ;)

i think it'l fix all problems.. they want to keep the crowd, not loose it to f1 2002 or woteva :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 16, 2002 10:00PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
"about the patch b4 it comes up.. its like its annoyign or anything ;)"

meant to say >

about the patch b4 it comes up.. its NOT like its annoying or anything ;)

:)
( p.s. is there anyway at all a small edit button could be introduced to the forum?? is it too hard? or been asked b4 heaps of times :p? )

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 17, 2002 02:31AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
every1 wants an edit button and it has been said so many times.....

keep pushing for that edit button guys ;D

Date: November 17, 2002 03:56AM
You have a right to say whatever you want. Just don't think that your right of free speech somehow makes you excepted from being slammed, if someone else can see that you opinion isn't all that qualified. The right to free speech doesn't make everything as true as everything else.

Date: November 18, 2002 02:37AM
Posted by: Boomy
I believe there are low chances that first patch mistake will be repeated twice.

On the other hand at the moment we could be only excited to wait 1 or 2 or 3 weeks to see what will happen after the installation of the upcoming patch !

Then,after couple days of testing we could as well release our opinions.

For the moment,I repeat ,for the moment,by now,till today...etc.. I can say thanks to IG to support ,even if they are so late and they are so comunicationsless. < ( I invented this word ) <

The future will judge the patch not the present.

Boomy
Date: November 18, 2002 12:39PM
Posted by: Glyn
comunicationsless. < ( I invented this word ) <

Could we have a description? :)

Date: November 18, 2002 01:03PM
Posted by: Larry
It means the opposite of non-communicationful

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy