Change steeringwheel positions manually in cars.wad *solved*

Posted by MrRace 
Re: CSM and Team Editor 3.5: Error with GP4.exe
Date: March 26, 2010 03:02PM
Posted by: MrRace
Thanks Fongu. I set a target as above in my swap.ini but when I start CSM with my Mod, I get this mesaage agin when loading the Data: (cut of bounds) in procedure_m of ModStart25 line numer 16.

GP4 works fine but I want to solve this message.

Another question: Is there an another possiblity to change steeringwheel positions in game whitout using GP4 Tweaker, TE etc.?
Re: CSM and Team Editor 3.5: Error with GP4.exe
Date: March 26, 2010 06:41PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
MrRace Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Fongu. I set a target as above in my
> swap.ini but when I start CSM with my Mod, I get
> this mesaage agin when loading the Data: (cut of
> bounds) in procedure_m of ModStart25 line numer
> 16.
>
> GP4 works fine but I want to solve this message.
>
> Another question: Is there an another possiblity
> to change steeringwheel positions in game whitout
> using GP4 Tweaker, TE etc.?

You need to read what we write in here, steering wheel pos in teameditor is the same for other settings like arm colors, lod 0, ... so once again :

OK i've wrote it already in another thread not more then a week ago so i'll do it once more !!!

Teameditor & GP4tweaker work perfectly together in a CSM mod. The files you save in teameditor has an extension: .car that file you put in the PATCH folder of your mod.

All the settings you made in teameditor like steering wheel, helmet, ... position or arm colors you have to DISABLE in gp4tweaker cause if its activated in tweaker then its TWEAKER that rules !!!!!!!!!

to disable the settings you go into your Tweaker folder and open the gp4tweak.ini file there you see everything that is possible to change !

1 is enable, 0 is disable !!!

So if you want to use your settings from Teameditor helmet position you need to disable that in gp4tweaker !

When the game is loaded the settings for the helmet position will be taken from the .car folder all the rest from tweaker !!!

If you run a mod with lod 0 and you use a .car file you must enable this option in teameditor in the TAB carshape else you game will crash!!!

All changes made with teameditor you SAVE in a .car file you don't PATCH it to the exe cause then you get that call from csm that it needs a clean exe !!

Follow this procedure and you won't have any problems !
I don't have a tweaker.ini file in my Mod\Tweaker folder. So I can't do the steps.

TE gets data for steeringwheels from cars.wad. Can I found a file there to change positions manually? There are only a hand full Teams I like to change steering positions.
If you use the 2009 empty mod file by B-tone then there is a gp4tweak.ini file in that folder, i checked it !
Bigbrother schrieb:
> If you use the 2009 empty mod file by B-tone then
> there is a gp4tweak.ini file in that folder, i
> checked it !

No, I build a Mod with CSM, extra stuff myself. It's my first CSM Mod. My Mod works perfect. The only thing is I want to change steeringwheel and helmet position for McLaren, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, Lotus and Sauber. TE don't save .car file correctly, don't know why.

I want to know if there's a .txt file in cars.wad to change positions for each Team/driver manually? Where did TE gets the data of all car positions?

Sorry for my bad English(N)
all data is stored in the exe

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
n00binio schrieb:
> all data is stored in the exe

Are you sure? I use 3 different Mods with 1 .exe. This means I have to modify the .exe via TE but I can't do that because CSM needs a clean .exe. In TE I load cars data from my Mod's cars.wad file so I think there is the data...

I'm sure there's is a way to modify helmet and steeringwheel positions whitout using external tools like TE, GP4tweaker...

Or I have to do the much work and install the empty Mod 2009 and insert all my cars, helmets, pitcrews and so on from my 2010 Mod and work with TE and the tweaker file there.
The best way to set the coordinates of steering wheel, helmets, ... is with gp4tweaker, you can real time edit the positions. The only bad side is that you have to write down all the changes made and then edit the .ini files when the game is restored but the end result is great afterwards.
jup, i'm sure.
is it possible to simply patch the exe with team editor? as i already wrote on the last page you can put a modified exe in your mod. then csm doesn't complain about a patched exe and loads the exe with the correct settings on startup.

Yeah you can put a patch exe in your mod, only i don't see the use of it. You just save the files you made in teameditor as a .car file and you put that file into the folder patch of you mod.

You just make sure all the things that needed to be loaded by Teameditor are disable in gp4tweak.ini file thats all you have todo.
yeah, it should work like you described it. maybe there's just a small mistake but it seems it's difficult to find it. at least it would work for sure with swapping the exe.
btw imo you don't need to completely disable the settings in tweaker if you want to use te. you can also use a mixture. if the tweaker ini file contains settings for less than 22 cars the rest of the cars will use the settings stored in a te file.

TE doesn't save .car file correctly. If I load my saved file I get the old settings again.

How to use GP4Tweaker with CSM? If I tweak something I can't start CSM because no clean GP4.exe and I get 2001 original data in GP4tweaker. How to change that?
Put a clean exe in the main gp4 folder
Bigbrother schrieb:
> Put a clean exe in the main gp4 folder

Ok but I think GP4Tweaker uses data from 2001 original files, original cars.wad or something. How can I change that to get data from my Mod / cars.wad?
do you have in the folder of your mod a folder that is called TWEAKER ? those in that folder you have a .dll, .bin and .ini file ? with a subfolder were all the ini's are stored for helmet, steering, tyre, onboardcamera, ... ???
I have just a tweaker folder. But the folder is empty. So I have to create .dll, .bin, .ini files first... How to do that correctly?
Here this is the version you need for the csm mod: GP4Tweaker Reloaded by Madman
For now, TE saved changes I made correctly. And in my gp4tweak.ini I have disabled all but nothing changed in game.

This is my swap.ini file. Maybe there's something wrong?

[Main]
Format=

[Vars]

[Swapfiles]
File1 =Tweaker\gp4tweak.ini,gp4tweak.ini
File2 =Tweaker\gp4tweak.dll,gp4tweak.dll
File3 =Tweaker\gp4tweak.bin,gp4tweak.bin
File4 =Files\gp4.exe,gp4.exe
File5 =Patch\2010.car,2010.car

[SwapFolder]
Folder1 =Tweaker\gp4tweak_data,gp4tweak_data
Folder2 =Patch\2010.car,2010.car

[AddFilesToWad1]
TargetFile =
I found out why it doesn't work: I had to delete file 5 and folder 2 and all works fine now!!!
Yep you don't have to write in the swap.ini a line you must just pointed it out in the .csm file

[Settings]

PatchINI =Patch.ini
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy