Change steeringwheel positions manually in cars.wad *solved*

Posted by MrRace 
I want to change positions of steering wheel and helmets in my personal 2010 Mod. I import the cars.wad of the mod but when I export the changes to GP4.exe and start the Mod at CSM a warning appers: This is not a original GP4.exe. Please install a clean GP4.exe

So I had to use my backup GP4.exe and then CSM works again but nothing changed in game. How to use Team Editor when playing GP4 via CSM?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 01:48AM by MrRace.
Re: CSM and Team Editor 3.5: Error with GP4.exe
Date: March 22, 2010 10:56AM
Posted by: n00binio
just save your settings in TE and put the .car file into modname/data/patch

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: March 22, 2010 12:35PM
Posted by: MrRace
n00binio schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just save your settings in TE and put the .car
> file into modname/data/patch

I tried that but there's a error with GP4.exe again when I start CSM. I saved .car file in the right path but changed GP4.exe so that CSM start. There is nothing changed in game.
Date: March 22, 2010 12:41PM
i had the same problem with an older version of csm. in case an update doesn't help you could also try naming the .car like the mod is named or update the exe with TE and swap it manually via csm.

Date: March 23, 2010 05:20PM
n00binio schrieb:
you could also try naming the .car like the mod is named

I do that but when GP4 load a track at the end I got a CTD. I delete my 2010.car file and try again. GP4 works fine.

How to update GP4.exe with TE? Team Editor warns me I don't have the right decrypted GP4.exe but I can import the cars from my 2010 cars.wad.
Date: March 23, 2010 07:07PM
you get a warning from teameditor that you're not using a correct .exe? maybe you should get a different decrypted exe and try again. a problem with the exe could be the reason for the crash while loading a track when using csm

Date: March 23, 2010 07:23PM
Posted by: phantaman
few days ago i experienced a similar problem with TE 3.5 version... with 3.2b version everything works fine :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: March 23, 2010 07:26PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
probabely the game crashes cause when he saves the settings of teameditor he didn't selected in the carshape tab to use LOD 0 only !
Date: March 24, 2010 12:32AM
phantaman schrieb:
> few days ago i experienced a similar problem with
> TE 3.5 version... with 3.2b version everything
> works fine :p

probabely the game crashes cause when he saves the settings of teameditor he didn't selected in the carshape tab to use LOD 0 only !

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My GP4.exe is 6.128 KB. I'm looking for an another decrypted .exe.

I tried this: In TE 3.5 in carshape tab: Force best for steeringwheels and force best for helmets. CSM won't start, warning no clean .exe, changing with other tools bla... copied a clean .exe into Grand Prix 4. Start CSM again and try to load a race. At the End of loading CTD.

Then I tried TE 3.2b and do the same. CSM won't start again, have to put my clean GP4.exe into again. Start CSM and load a race. Now it works But nothing changed ingame.
I think it has to do with the .exe. But how to start CSM with a .exe that I've used with TE? CSM won't start...
Date: March 24, 2010 12:46AM
I found a smaller .exe but the same problem. CSM will have a clean .exe and won't start.
Date: March 24, 2010 01:01AM
that makes sense as csm needs a clean exe. you can't use both that way. if nothing else helps do the following: set everything as you wish with TE and patch the exe. you may as well save the files as a .car as a backup. then go to your mod folder and create the following folder: modname\data\exe. then copy the patched exe and put it into this new folder. open modname\settings\swap.ini and add the stuff following the entry "file1" below. it should look like that:

[Main]
Format =

[Swapfiles]
File1 =exe\gp4.exe,gp4.exe

if the entry "file1" is already occupied simply chose the next free number. put a clean exe into your main gp4 folder and you're ready to go. csm will then copy the patched exe into your gp4 folder when loading the mod and undo it when you chose restore in csm.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 01:55PM by n00binio.
Date: March 24, 2010 02:24AM
Posted by: phantaman
is what i do in a 2009 mod (not supported by this community), including a new power torque curve, other tweaks and etc. :p

EX:

[Swapfiles]
File2 =Files\GP4_EXE\GP4.exe,GP4.exe

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 02:26AM by phantaman.
Date: March 24, 2010 03:18AM
So I tried that and CSM start and game was loading correctly but there are no changes in game. Something strange with TE. If I load the .car file into it, there are the old settings again and I have to change steeringwheel positions again!
Date: March 24, 2010 01:57PM
jup, seems to be TE related. no idea what causes the trouble though

Date: March 24, 2010 04:51PM
hmm, are there other possiblilities to change steeringwheel positions?
Date: March 24, 2010 04:56PM
OK i've wrote it already in another thread not more then a week ago so i'll do it once more !!!

Teameditor & GP4tweaker work perfectly together in a CSM mod. The files you save in teameditor has an extension: .car that file you put in the PATCH folder of your mod.

All the settings you made in teameditor like steering wheel, helmet, ... position or arm colors you have to DISABLE in gp4tweaker cause if its activated in tweaker then its TWEAKER that rules !!!!!!!!!

to disable the settings you go into your Tweaker folder and open the gp4tweak.ini file there you see everything that is possible to change !

1 is enable, 0 is disable !!!

So if you want to use your settings from Teameditor helmet position you need to disable that in gp4tweaker !

When the game is loaded the settings for the helmet position will be taken from the .car folder all the rest from tweaker !!!

If you run a mod with lod 0 and you use a .car file you must enable this option in teameditor in the TAB carshape else you game will crash!!!

All changes made with teameditor you SAVE in a .car file you don't PATCH it to the exe cause then you get that call from csm that it needs a clean exe !!

Follow this procedure and you won't have any problems !
Date: March 25, 2010 01:05AM
Bigbrother schrieb:
> OK i've wrote it already in another thread not
> more then a week ago so i'll do it once more !!!
>
> Teameditor & GP4tweaker work perfectly together in
> a CSM mod. The files you save in teameditor has an
> extension: .car that file you put in the PATCH
> folder of your mod.
>
> All the settings you made in teameditor like
> steering wheel, helmet, ... position or arm colors
> you have to DISABLE in gp4tweaker cause if its
> activated in tweaker then its TWEAKER that rules
> !!!!!!!!!
>
> to disable the settings you go into your Tweaker
> folder and open the gp4tweak.ini file there you
> see everything that is possible to change !
>
> 1 is enable, 0 is disable !!!
>
> So if you want to use your settings from
> Teameditor helmet position you need to disable
> that in gp4tweaker !
>
> When the game is loaded the settings for the
> helmet position will be taken from the .car folder
> all the rest from tweaker !!!
>
> If you run a mod with lod 0 and you use a .car
> file you must enable this option in teameditor in
> the TAB carshape else you game will crash!!!
>
> All changes made with teameditor you SAVE in a
> .car file you don't PATCH it to the exe cause then
> you get that call from csm that it needs a clean
> exe !!
>
> Follow this procedure and you won't have any
> problems !

That makes sense. My Mod has a folder called tweak but theres was no tweak.ini in it. So I copied one from a 2008 Mod and renamed in 2010GP4tweak and change the tweak settings. But nothing happend in game. TE doesn't save my .car file correctly. If I load .car file into TE there are the dafault settings again. Before I save .car file in TE, I select only steeringwheel positions. Or should I select all files? Something is wrong there, can't have to do with CSM. It has to do with my .car file.
Date: March 25, 2010 01:24AM
Well what taking something out of another mod doesn't mean it will work in yours. Everything has to be pointed out for example in the globalvars.ini, CSM.ini, Swap.ini, .... You need to study the structure of excisting mods how to figure out how it all works cause explaining how to make a csm has been a progress of years for me to learn it and explaining it isn't always easy.

What i wrote above is the perfect explaination on how TE & TWEAKER works with each other in a CSM mod.

You'll have to make sure you save a .car file correctly and you'll have to make sure that in your CSM mod everything is pointed out in the INI files to load or swap or whatever needs be happen. I don't have the empty thing installed, i'll have it installed and have a look.
Date: March 26, 2010 02:06PM
I have a lot of work to do. There's a problem with swap.ini, (cut of bounds) in procedure_m of ModStart25 line numer 16. What is that? This is my swap.ini:

[Main]
Format =

[Swapfiles]
File1 =Files\gp4.exe
File2 =Tweaker\2010gp4tweak.ini

[SwapFolder]
Folder1 =Tweaker\2010gp4tweak.2010gp4tweak

[AddFilesToWad1]
TargetFile =
File1 =

[AddDirectoriesToWad1]
TargetFile =
Directory1 =

How to create a tweaker.ini and a tweaker.dll file? I found in an other Mod these files and they're listed in the swap.ini from the 2008 Mod too. So I have to do the same for my 2010 Mod to activate tweaks so that the 2010.car file from TE work in game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2010 02:58PM by MrRace.
Date: March 26, 2010 02:22PM
Posted by: fongu
The swap file needs a target. So everything before the comma (,) is where it is in the data file of the mod, and the after the comma, is where you want it in the gp4 install folder.

[Swapfiles]
File1 =Files\gp4.exe,
File2 =Tweaker\2010gp4tweak.ini,tweaker\gp4tweak.ini

[SwapFolder]
Folder1 =Tweaker\2010gp4tweak,Tweaker\2010gp4tweak

I'm just guessing about the links, but hopefully that illustrates what you should do :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy