Tyreset 1.05 by LO2K

Posted by pvisscher 
Tyreset 1.05 by LO2K
Date: November 10, 2002 02:34PM
Posted by: pvisscher
Question: if GP4 is not found manually select GP4 path.
This is alright off course but we league contenders have for the majority more then 1 copie of GP4 on our computer for different reasons. Why can't we select the GP4 path ourselves? Is this not possible? Can you make such a tab in Tyreset?

And do you know if it is possible to change the wheels/ tyres of the cars? I would dearly love to have all black wheels/tyres under the williams car.
I can not find it anywhere, Jaquar have gold rims, Jordan black rims and the others silver/alu look. Resides it in the GP4 executable?

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Re: Tyreset 1.05 by LO2K
Date: November 10, 2002 03:45PM
Posted by: Lo2k
For now, Tyreset only offer you the opportunity to choose the gp4 path if no gp4 key reg is found in the registry.
But in your case and as i wrote in the gp4form (that everybody has surely readen :), the last installation will be choose automatically by the app.

So the simple way to make the app let you choose the path to gp4 is
1-wait for a new release with a button to do it :)
2- just go in your start Menu and choose execute, then type in regedit.
In the hive tree, choose
HKey_local_machine\software and delete the whole Infogramme hive.
(Don't be afraid, tyreSet , like Cameditor will recreate it perfectly)
Then just launch Tyreset or CamEditor and choose tha path to the gp4 installation you want to edit.

Cheers :)

Date: November 10, 2002 03:49PM
Oh, and about rims, thats' the first thing i searched in GP4, but i never found it for now...i'm sure it is define as a color palette somewhere, use as a filter. They do the same with drivers arms (tex used for arm is white but in game, every driver as different arms colors).

Date: November 10, 2002 05:25PM
Well, no need to edit registry finally, because I already released the new version with the manual path button ;)

Just go and give it a try here:
[realgpx.free.fr]

Date: November 10, 2002 05:27PM
Arrgg ! these silly uppercase !!!
right page is here :
[realgpx.free.fr]

Date: November 11, 2002 02:44AM
Posted by: mortal
arms? what arms, I don't have arms in my cockpit? maybe this has something to do with why I cannot change the steering wheel? The new files has arms, i can see them after insertion to the wad with gp4master but no change at all in the game.....<sigh>

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 11, 2002 02:53AM
Posted by: LS.
i think he refers to arms visible when using the t-cam,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 11, 2002 02:54AM

LS's Tip of the week
Date: November 11, 2002 03:39AM
Yep, arms can be seen in external views only (but you can put an external cam in the cockpit).

Date: November 11, 2002 03:41AM
coool :-)

how? and does it look good?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: November 11, 2002 09:15AM
Posted by: pvisscher
Many thanks for the quick update of the tyreset program LO2K. Wasn't expecting it that soon but thats alright off course.
Now we can change this as well cool dude !!!!

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Date: November 11, 2002 10:39AM
hehe, it was nothing to do so i could make it quickly :)

Date: November 12, 2002 01:57AM
ahaa, so maybe then the steering weheel update is only visible in T-cam? must go looky later ;-/

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 12, 2002 02:17AM
Posted by: Ellis
yeah Mortal, there is two wheels. One for internal, and one for external views. Its most likely an external view you have ;)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 12, 2002 03:27AM
right Ellis, where in the wad is the internal wheel?

Date: November 12, 2002 03:34AM
that i dont know!!!! U'd have to ask sum1 else, i havent seen GP4 files for months!!!

But will be back to my editing ways soon hopefully!!!!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 12, 2002 03:38AM
Well I wish the original files I downloaded contained that info, would have saved me a lot of mucking about ;-/ I expect you've seen all my wad file posts....and wtf lol

Date: November 12, 2002 03:49AM
Wads are a right bitch sometimes!

I made a wad on one comptuer, where the game ran with the Arrows shape in a different slot, then i transfered it to my other comp to give it a test and the cars ran without a livery...plain white

GP4 has some hidden variables that change depending on the computer, making the comp load from somewhere else

wads are a bitch at the best of times

Date: November 12, 2002 04:43AM
Posted by: Setanta
Thanks Laurent for the Tyreset stuff and to Peter for persuing the matter. People like yourselves make GP4 the more complete package it should have been :D
Date: November 12, 2002 09:28AM
I hope i could do much more for GP4, but my skills are not as huge as my wishlist :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy