Belgium looses gravel as well as race!!!

Posted by Go Alesi 
Belgium looses gravel as well as race!!!
Date: November 10, 2002 06:47AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Has anybody else lost their gravel at Spa?? Weird I know!!!

The gravel is actually shown to be there, but in most cases around the track, it behaves like grass. The sound is like when you skid over the grass as well, and there is no gravel dust.

It only happens at Spa.

Thanks for any help

Re: Belgium looses gravel as well as race!!!
Date: November 10, 2002 07:12AM
Posted by: Zcott
Yep, I reported this in the buglist a few months ago.
Date: November 10, 2002 12:19PM
Posted by: Glyn
Yeah. It was mentioned and I went round driving through all the gravel traps and they are all grass. Very annoying espically in that 5th then 6th gear double left hander. Go off there and its race over.

Date: November 10, 2002 12:52PM
Posted by: Zcott
Pouhon, I think. I go off there a lot, because if you just snatch the grass before or after the kerb on the first bit, you're away!
Date: November 10, 2002 11:05PM
Posted by: Boils
Someone else has probly pointed this out already but for me at the first chicane at Hockenhiem the out side is grass but sounds and acts like a ripple strip - in other words there is an invisible ripple strip
Date: November 11, 2002 02:24AM
Pouhon, I think. I go off there a lot, because if you just snatch the grass before or after the kerb on the first bit, you're away!

Yeah, that sounds about right. What makes the corner even harder is that if you take it slowly in 4th you loose loads of time, so you have gotta take it right on the limit in 5th.

Date: November 11, 2002 04:48AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yep, u r right ben, invisi rippled strip

thats funny bout the gravel and grass bug, i've never noticed it.. i'm usually driving on the tarmac :p :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 11, 2002 12:05PM
yep, u r right ben, invisi rippled strip

thats funny bout the gravel and grass bug, i've never noticed it.. i'm usually driving on the tarmac :p :)

LOL... I do try :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy