A challenge for track editors

Posted by dcroz 
A challenge for track editors
Date: March 18, 2010 11:39PM
Posted by: dcroz
Who can produce a high quality version of Adelaide International Raceway (AIR) for Grand P Prix 3, Grand Prix 4, Grand Prix legends or any other sim?

My version for GP2 is on my site @ gp2v8.i8.com, but I couldn't do the bit at the end of the main straight that is the drag strip runoff there wasn't much in the way of scenery at AIR, so maybe a basic no frills version could be supplemented by your vision of what the track could be if IRL it was upgraded to modern standards.

The availability of AIR would be the deciding factor in which game I was to buy next.

Regards
Re: A challenge for track editors
Date: March 18, 2010 11:56PM
Posted by: mortal
Adelaide for rFactor
Adelaide 2.0 rFactor
V8 Supercars for rFactor ORSM rFactor

There is a version for F1C here ORSM

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2010 11:58PM by mortal.
Date: March 19, 2010 06:39AM
No - not the GP street circuit or the V8 variant - AIR is a purpose built track on the fringes of Adelaide.

Thanks for trying anyway.
Date: March 19, 2010 07:09AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: March 19, 2010 07:10AM
Posted by: shep34
Wow! I dont think I remember that track at all!!! Can remember the layouts for most of the old "abandoned" tracks the Aussie Touring cars ran on, as my dad was always watching the races, and then so would I...
AIR??!! Do not even remember seeing that one! According to Wikipedia, it was last used in 1988 for the ATCC....
I do however remember this track being used by the Aussie "Nascar" and Auscar series, the half mile oval section....
Date: March 19, 2010 02:05PM
Having just checked the requirements of rFACTOR and GTR2, I don't think they will run on my machine - I'm hard pressed to run GPL on it .. the high res Monaco causes it to stutter frequently.

So if someone could convert my GP2 version for GP3 or GP4, and use the others as a visual reference, that would be great.

All the best
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy