Car goes black... *FIXED*

Posted by madotter 
Car goes black... *FIXED*
Date: March 18, 2010 03:38PM
Posted by: madotter
Hello all!

Okay, I have a car that the textures mess up on whenever your not locked onto it (i.e. if your look at another car, the car in question's textures mess up) The textures appear fine when looking at it and in GP4 builder. Any idea what can be causing this? The car has been converted from another game.

Thanks,
Iain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2010 10:20PM by madotter.
Re: Car goes black...
Date: March 18, 2010 03:40PM
Posted by: fongu
the reason is the mapping. I don't know how much you know about mapping, but basically the shape is pointing to areas that are not on the texture, but it shows up on the car, because the texture is tiled, but for some reason doesn't work in you case, when in GP4, the car is not selected.

Date: March 18, 2010 03:43PM
Dammit! I know nothing about mapping. Maybe someone who knows their stuff could have a look for me? The car I am talking about is not released and has no authorisation so I have to be careful here :)
Date: March 18, 2010 04:06PM
Posted by: ColdBlood
@madotter

I can take a look for today; just PM me with a link :D

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: March 18, 2010 06:24PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
pics pls.
Date: March 18, 2010 10:20PM
Posted by: Lo2k
And once again, here are details about black parts story...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 01:45PM by Lo2k.
Date: March 18, 2010 10:20PM
Thanks Lo2k. Got this earlier and forgot to put *FIXED* in the title :)
Date: March 24, 2010 04:59PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I have black car problem with the just released car McLaren mp4-25 converted from rfactor, I have tried the things Laurent explained but every time I try to put V=-1 it either says " sorry one of the values is not a floating point value" or if I copy and paste -1 , it changes back to 0 after that have tried it in game and it's still turning black, also have tried downsampling textures and that won't work either.
Re: Car goes black... *FIXED*
Date: March 24, 2010 05:23PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I fix is coming on the McLaren soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy