Time to dump GP4 ready for Codemasters F1 2010 in September?

Posted by neldav03 
The press launch day for F1 2010 is today, first video can be viewed here: [uk.media.xbox360.ign.com]

F1 Badger was there, and had these Tweets:

That's it folks. The Game sounds really impressive, out Sep 2010 on PC XBOX and PS3. More than just racing with an expansive career mode
less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

There's qualifying strategy too - ie when to go out if it's raining. Beating your team mate. Get the team around you.
5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Career mode features season upgrades and car developments of your car and your rivals..You can hang out in the garage too. Weird/brilliant.
7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Features teammate rivalry too. This career mode is insane - a lot more than just racing.
9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

@lukehmuse no mention on commentary yet. They have a press conference feature in career mode too.
12 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to lukehmuse

The career mode is advanced. As a driver you have commitments for media, fans, sponsors etc - blimey. Not just racing cars!
13 minutes ago via TweetDeck

You can seek out puddles to cool your tyres if they are over heating on a wet/dry track!
16 minutes ago via TweetDeck

As well a weather, the track changes too. Goes from green to rubbered in and marbles. Weather is superbly dynamic and true to life
16 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Pit stops are super realistic with mechanics walking around as in real life. Superb!
17 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Engine management, wing management and complete control in pit stops - limiter and managing revs etc too
18 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Tyres can blister, marbles will appear off line, punctures can happen and lots of concentration on race strategy.
19 minutes ago via TweetDeck

The AI (artificial intelligence) is to have 'racing instinct' and charcter
22 minutes ago via TweetDeck

New f1 game to have the cleverest weather simulation ever seen. Extremely clever AI. Anthony Davidson is their test driver/gamer.
24 minutes ago via TweetDeck

I must admit that some of those make me want to dump GP4, because some of them sound stunning - seems like Codemasters is putting a LOT of effort into this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 06:24PM by neldav03.
big question for me:
will the game be modabble and will it be worth to buy it??
GP4 will stay for me the n1 game if codemaster sucks because the 09 version for the WII sucks alot very bad gameplay.
dont have any confidence in the 2010 game

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
does look impressive, but will have to wait and see what the gameplay is like really.
Would it be possible to play with 0 drivers and view the races like GP4? And editing driver names? If yes, I would buy this game for PC and maybe PS3 when it will be not modable.
NickJW, of course F1 2009 on WII sucked. It's for WII!!!!!

Even if the new game will be awesome, I will not uninstall my GP4. Modable or not, don't really care accually.

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
SkaaningeN Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NickJW, of course F1 2009 on WII sucked. It's for
> WII!!!!!
>
> Even if the new game will be awesome, I will not
> uninstall my GP4. Modable or not, don't really
> care accually.

i have a WII and i enjoy playing games on it. graphics sucks but you have alot of fun

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
yes wii version is fun to play with with mates etc :) I'm looking forward to the codemasters f12010 but to leave gp4?won't happend I love playing and updating gp4 that I won't leave it because of f12010, i will play both of these games :)
AFAIK the developers don't intend it to be moddable, whether that stops a community developing there own version remain to be seen.
Codemasters plan to release a game every year, so you can understand why they don't want it "open source".

It all depends what the game feels like with a steering wheel and pedals plugged into it...so far all I've seen is hype, how many games have been built up to be "The game of the year, only to turn out to be a prematurely released bug fest disappointment .

I hope it does turn out to be moddable, GP4 is very limiting in what you can and can't do with it.

f1virtual

r@m
This looks all very promessing, but that was also the case for F1 2009. I still have to wait and see how the game is really going to be. The fact that it will be released in september means that some tracks wont be 100 % correct with the real F1 season. In my point of view, this is a major error. If al these features will really be the case, they make a huge error by releasing it to soon. It was better if they released it in November.

Also I'm curious how hard it will be to play. These new features will probably be very graphical, and will ask a lot of the personal computer.

Conclusion : I will wait, but I will never dump GP4 for it.

i hope there is an option like gp4 to be able to watch a race without having to drive, with all those things they add like weather, rubber on track and pitstop animation i hope we can see it by watching a race and not alone in a replay. If it has that function like gp4 i'll buy it for sure :-) well getting it for my birthday cause its in september ;-)
I read from the announcements that F12010 won't have safety car, formation lap and whats the most odd thing that it won't have mechanical failures at all :s
Bigbrother Wrote:
> :-) well getting it for my birthday cause its in
> september ;-)

Same!

This game looks quite similar to GP4. Only thing I'm concerned about are no mech failures :(

Oh and maybe the safety car as well, that would have been nice. But not bothered about F.lap.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
kimifanaat Wrote:
> This looks all very promessing, but that was also
> the case for F1 2009. I still have to wait and see
> how the game is really going to be. The fact that
> it will be released in september means that some
> tracks wont be 100 % correct with the real F1
> season. In my point of view, this is a major
> error. If al these features will really be the
> case, they make a huge error by releasing it to
> soon. It was better if they released it in
> November.
>
> Also I'm curious how hard it will be to play.
> These new features will probably be very
> graphical, and will ask a lot of the personal
> computer.
>
> Conclusion : I will wait, but I will never dump
> GP4 for it.

Korea's obviously not going to be 100% correct.
[twitter.com]

just little things look like they could spoil the game, no mechanical failures, you can't save mid-race so gonna be tough to fit a 100% race into one sitting! No full engine failures, no spectator mode, re-wind feature (suppose you don't have to use it).

Not too happ with the no save feature!
I have seen a debate over this Codemasters' upcoming f1 game @ virtualR and due to that I will stick with GP4 for a while.

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

neldav03 Wrote:
> Korea's obviously not going to be 100% correct.

Apparently they will release a patch after the race that updates the track.

X (@ed24f1)
From what I've read you only have eight engines for a season so there must be some kind of mechanical failure, but I don't think it will be like GP4.

Gp4 will be staying on my hard drive FOREVER. its earned its place and it fantastic. So no matter how great this new game is (and I hope it is) there will be room for both.

I know it won't be mod able and they are planning to release one every year.

There is no Tv mode either from what I've read.
If there's no mechanical failures, I won't even bother to buy it. How daft is that?

Grand Prix 4 will remain top, until they re-think the mechanical failures.
It seems that they didn't look good in their forum what people wanted in the new F1 2010 game, no tv mode really sucks :-(
Hopefully it works with TrackIR.

KJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy