wad files hate me :-/

Posted by mortal 
wad files hate me :-/
Date: November 05, 2002 01:35AM
Posted by: mortal
This is ridiculous, I'm using gp4Master to insert a new steering wheel, as per the gp4form.txt, I de-compile the wad, extract all the tex's, insert the new tga's and save as tex's, re-compile the wad, now it's completely blown out the file size?? wtf, whatever, I replace the original wad with the newly supposedly edited wad and fire up gp4, expecting to see a new steering wheel, NO CHANGE!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! At least in gp3 and gp3_2000 I can get the wheel I want! Sheeesh! Why isn't this working?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: wad files hate me :-/
Date: November 05, 2002 02:01AM
Posted by: dave
I'm with you, I've never had a wad file that worked.

Date: November 05, 2002 02:05AM
dammit Dave, you've only made me lose all hope ;-/

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 05, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: Zcott
I avoid changing WAD files wherever possible!
Date: November 05, 2002 07:22PM
Hey, if I have no hope, neither should anyone else!!!!!

Date: November 05, 2002 11:40PM
Posted by: raztahz
lol well this ain't gp3....

try usin a mixture of gp4 master and gp4 tex editior...

by the way tara' doin fine!!! lol

Date: November 06, 2002 05:00AM
Hey Mortal, like the new sig

Date: November 07, 2002 06:14AM
Posted by: Mojo
Read the "How To" file carefully with GPMaster and there shouldn't be any problems to insert a new cockpit or wheel.

Did you remember to "Down-Sample" the file after replacing the .Tex files?
Date: November 07, 2002 06:31AM
Posted by: jp2
my gp4 does not like an exported wad-file either. its always ctd afterwards. no matter if gp4master, perf-editor, gp4edit or carsetcreator.

what helped me was

1. generating the wad on another comp and just copying it in my gp4-folder

or

2. loading a saved carset from another comp in my carset creator and generating the wad (worked only once, havent touched the carset ever since)

strange... greetings, jp
Date: November 08, 2002 04:06AM
Ok, here's what's happening, I take the original wad, de-compile it and extract all to a new dir, succesfully insert the new steering wheel tga's and downsample all. The wad is then succesfully saved and re-compiled. The wad usually appears in the gp4master dir, (is this usual?) The new wad is then placed into the gp4 dir with it's correct file name. The wad does not display the new wheel in gp4. wtf? How can this be possible, I can see the new textures within the wad. I have even de-compiled the wad two or three times, each time I can see the files displaying correctly, named correctly, downsampled correctly yet they will not display in gp4! On this system it just refuses to work. It does not crash, it just displays the original textures, yet they have supposedly been overwritten, how is this possible, it defies all logic and reason, immediately one thinks that the wrong filename has been overwritten in the first place but I assure you that it is correct, correct filenames have been found and used in updating the wad files :-/ Wierd. I give up.

Date: November 09, 2002 05:51AM
Posted by: Mojo
I've found the wad file is created in the directory that you unziped the original wad too, under the cars directory.

Try looking in there. Seems strange that i have no problems replacing cockpits, ect.

Not much else i can suggest.
Date: November 09, 2002 10:31AM
Posted by: pvisscher
the files beeing overwritten are not read only are they? Just a thought.
Date: November 10, 2002 12:59AM
good grief, I'll get back to you on that, sheeesh, doh and bang my head against a convenient brick wall ;-)

Date: November 10, 2002 01:07AM
file properties says they are all archive ;-/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy