Geforce4 Ti4200 causes my pc to reboot, HELP!!

Posted by blackcelica 
Geforce4 Ti4200 causes my pc to reboot, HELP!!
Date: November 03, 2002 12:44AM
Posted by: blackcelica
Just upgraded to geforce4 ti4200 64mb from geforce2mx 32mb and now gp4 reboots my pc within the first lap. Before everything was fine at 27fps at 1024x768. I must say it runs much better with new graphics card before it crashes so i want to try and get it working.
Whats the best detonator for my new card? Has anyone else experienced this and overcome it?

I'm running xp pro on a p3 1ghz, 256mb ram, sb live.
PLEASE HELP, i need some suggestions here please.
Re: Geforce4 Ti4200 causes my pc to reboot, HELP!!
Date: November 03, 2002 03:45AM
Posted by: Ellis
Is it overheating?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 03, 2002 04:31AM
doesn't seem to be. how would i tell? bios info about temp etc is fine
Date: November 03, 2002 04:37AM
Posted by: Ellis
hmmm....my bios is always wrong (says my CPU was running at 200 deg c yesterday, i was impressed)

Someone will know more than me.......

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 03, 2002 04:42AM
Posted by: Vader
I don't think that the CPU overheats, at least not after one lap.

I would guess your PU is to weak for the new card. The gf4 does need more power tahn the gf2. If there is not enough power coming from your PU (power unit) at least one of your devices do not work anymore (mainbvoard, CD, HD, Gfx card, etc) and this makes teh system crash. Check the backside of your tower to see how much power can be provided. If there is no sticker, you must open your case and look at the PU itself to find out how starong it is.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 03, 2002 06:35AM
Posted by: tux
is it getting anoth power?

Date: November 03, 2002 07:09AM
Posted by: Beardless2
make sure u deleted the old dets properly first. Then wack on some 29.42's or 30.82's

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: November 03, 2002 11:04PM
Posted by: raztahz
hello]

i realise you have the same problem as i

don't worry!

i am using almost the same specs as you only with a Gf4 ti4000
the trick is (after consulting with a ibm and microsoft technition that can only be fixed by them with a price)

first of all your using xp which won't help you that much,
dry to fiddle with your graphics and sound exceleration that is located in my computer in display and sound properties...
try them on low excelleration just above disabling directX applications...
go and play gp4 without going into the graphic calibration which may appear when you play gp4 4 the first time...
if it continues...fiddle between the graphic and sound accel" ( it best to turn off sb live)
do this several times if not working!

if ot DOES NOT work get a detonator from Nvidia

if it GOD DAMN DOES NOT WORK try install directx 8 again

IF IT @!#$ N DOES NOT WORK... well your stuffed!!!

if you want to know wat i am using which in pariticular i had the same problem and was fixed! (was very happy when i did!!!)

pentium 4 1.7ghz
win2000+ winxp (both worked)
64mb geforce4 ti 4000
256md ddr ram

Date: November 04, 2002 03:53AM
Posted by: JC
Are you Rubens Barrichello by any chance because your just as lucky as he is LoL........................

Have you tried turning down the graphics setting for GP4, because sometimes when your PC is pushed to its limits, sometimes it becomes unstable and crashes back to Windows but in your case its rebooting LoL.

To check the bios temperature, press escape key after the PC made the beep noise when you turn your PC on or restart. Then check the menu for the right section (probably something like system monitor or something, it depends on your bios).

Hey Alexwhateva, it could be Windows XP thats the problem lol, Microsoft would never admit to it if it was XP, i'm not saying it is XP thats the prob, just messing HAHA.......

What wattage is your PSU??????? Tell you what, I'm going to post a table with all the power consumption levels and all you have to do is lookup how many devices u have from the table and work out your overall power consumption and see if thats a problem............................

Date: November 04, 2002 01:41PM
Posted by: raztahz
hey jc

really don't know my computer power consumption is (can't be bothered lookin under) ....

but, it has nothing to do with over heatin your system which is just stupid!!
or pushin it to its limits( only way to push it to its limits is memory and cpu)
it won't be pushed with computer these days

all it does is the graphic and sound excel don't recocgnise the games graphics exceleration or is not proberly tested by the comps labs, especcially with A NVIDIA which is a good graphic card and i don't c y it cant handle gp4

anyway it worked for me. try usin win98 (recomended)
cya

Date: November 10, 2002 11:50PM
Posted by: Joachim2311
I've been trying to get GP4 to run on my machine.. Win XP Pro, Ti4600, 512mb ram. After much frustration, i formatted and performed a clean install of XP Pro, still no luck, played with latest vid card drivers, settings, mobo bios, etc. Reformatted again, and installed XP home edition.
GP4 seems to run fine now, only one crash to desktop on the first run. Changed the graphic settings, now seems to run ok. My .02 worth, maybe XP home is more game compatible?? What edition are you running Pro or Home?
Date: November 13, 2002 02:07PM
Problem solved.

I thought i'd treat myself to a new laptop

Packard bell 5541.
P4 2.4 ghz
256 DDR Ram
400htz bus speed
Geforce 4Go
etc etc.

Now it runs 60fps with everything on max detail and everything switched on. I can finally play it as it was meant to be. AWESOME. PO is a constantly between 50-60, even at Monaco in the rain.

THANKS FOR ALL HELP YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN
Date: November 14, 2002 12:26PM
Posted by: LS.
i fitted my new 128mb GF4 TI4600 and that sends GP4 crashing back to the desktop

one of the main reasons i bought this card was for GP4

@#$%& thing!!!!!!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 14, 2002 01:31PM
Posted by: Joachim2311
60 fps??!! keerist, I'm only gettin 30 w/ ti4600. Maybe it's time to overclock this Athlon XP 1900+

black celica wrote:
>
> Problem solved.
>
> I thought i'd treat myself to a new laptop
>
> Packard bell 5541.
> P4 2.4 ghz
> 256 DDR Ram
> 400htz bus speed
> Geforce 4Go
> etc etc.
>
> Now it runs 60fps with everything on max detail and
> everything switched on. I can finally play it as it was meant
> to be. AWESOME. PO is a constantly between 50-60, even at
> Monaco in the rain.
>
> THANKS FOR ALL HELP YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN
Date: November 16, 2002 12:51PM
One thing to remember it has cost £1399 to play this game as it was meant to be. I felt the need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy