GP4 on 7x64 having issues

Posted by F33LTH3F0RC3 
GP4 on 7x64 having issues
Date: March 06, 2010 03:20PM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
I did run a quick search for this earlier but it seemed that everyone was saying that GP4 runs fine on 7x64.

Wanted to come back to it the other day but once I've installed it and the patch that came with it, GP4 just crashed when I tried to load a default installation from the CD. Everything installed correctly though so I really don't know what the problem is. It will load up, screen goes black then crashes and I have to alt-tab out. I've installed it about 3 times and uninstalled it 3 times now \o/. So any help would be appreciated.
Re: GP4 on 7x64 having issues
Date: March 06, 2010 03:30PM
Posted by: dio69
I dont know if this helps or if you already tried this, but have you already make the gp4.exe work with compatibility mode?
Date: March 06, 2010 03:37PM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
Yep tried that as well, made no difference, even tried running as admin too. :(
Date: March 06, 2010 09:38PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
well, I've experienced that GP4 sometimes crash right after I start it when I have other programs on at the same time. Not all the time, just some rare occasions. Although, I only use 32bit Vista.

But one thing that can help is to install the game on a XP PC first, run it once and then copy the game to your new computer. If you have an XP computer around will say. I've heard that it worked for some.

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: March 06, 2010 09:43PM
Posted by: noncon
Yeah I went through this when I made the switch to Win 7 64, now everything runs great, even with CSM.

Try unplugging your joystick/wheel then starting it. I found this to be a big problem for me, at first it was a calibration issue upon first run, then I just finally purchased another wheel.

Make sure you start it using GPxPatch. I run mine in Win XP SP 3 Compatibility and of course Run as Admin.

Finally, I had better luck installing it in the root directory (C:\Infrograms\.....), not in any of the Program Files directories.

KJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 09:47PM by noncon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy