Recommended Sound Card

Posted by aagancia 
Recommended Sound Card
Date: October 25, 2002 08:30PM
Posted by: aagancia
Hi there,

I used to have a 2 channel sound card that worked great with GP4, but it did'nt have great sound.

Now I have a 4.1 speaker and a 6-channel sound card (CMI8738), great sounding, but it slows down GP4 significantly. I've tried lowering accelaration and taking off hardware sound.

I just need to know which sound card you guys would recommend to be able to use 3d hardware sound w/ GP4 with no hang-ups.

So far I've heard Audigy works. Are there any better sound card for the game?

I'd appreciate any suggestion

Thanks

Allan
Re: Recommended Sound Card
Date: October 25, 2002 09:51PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I'm using a SB Live. It's a great card and if you want the updated version, use the SB Audigy.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: October 25, 2002 11:30PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Maybe thats why I get a whole 11fps.Doesn't matter anyway I switched to F1 2002,with the carset and 2d rims from emacs site the game looks great and plays great.
Date: October 31, 2002 03:07PM
Posted by: renyf1
i have a hercules game theater xp....i've had no problems turing the sound acceleration on

via kt333 chipset
geforce ti 4200 128mb
512 pc2700 mem
xp pro

good luck
Date: October 31, 2002 05:22PM
Posted by: Orpheus
i have sb live. despite prob. with installing (xp) it doesnt seem to effect per. in gp4.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy