Another bug.....?

Posted by genesis 
Another bug.....?
Date: October 23, 2002 05:50AM
Posted by: genesis
OK I started experiencing an interesting bug (no, really? I hear you cry), but I don't know if its happened to others before.

I'm driving (for instance in Suzuka - happens everytime there), and I'm in second place behind Montoya. It's the start of lap 2 and so the field is pretty close, but I'm not close enough to pass him on the entrance into turn 1. Suddenly, I see him run wide at turn 1 and go off the track. I thought it looked good cos it was a driver error, but upon the on-board camera on the replay Isaw that infact there was like a 'bump' in the road, which suddenly caused the car to go straight off the track.

This then happened to at least one driver every other lap, in the same place. A little kink in the circuit (well, a stoopid bug methinks) and they go off. Not very fun.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Re: Another bug.....?
Date: October 23, 2002 05:59AM
Posted by: Ellis
Like a road defect? Was it invisible the bump?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 23, 2002 06:05AM
Posted by: jp2
in suzuka, turn 1 seems to be a little buggy, look at my other postig concerning cc performances.

also, when in hotseat-mode with its multiple ctd's, lots of them take place in suzuka turn 1...

what a great game. greetings, jp
Date: October 23, 2002 06:08AM
my cc cars are not going off the trackk in suzuka turn 1, i have to say. seems to be an individual bug of your gp4. tried to change track gfx or something ?

greetings, jp
Date: October 23, 2002 06:10AM
track gfx wont effect the actaul track geomerty.

Track gfx packs modify the files inside the tracks wad file. This only changes gfx, and cannot effect the actaully track in anyway, and of course wont change gameplay

but of course you may as well try...stranger things have happened..

all ideas are welcome

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 23, 2002 07:38AM
Hmm no no track edits or anything. The 'bump' is invisible - there isnt one on the track. It must be abug - cos the cars just seem to suddenly veer off the road. Its very annoying cos it means I cant race at Suzuka! :-p

Date: October 23, 2002 07:50AM
has it always been like this ?

greetings, jp
Date: October 23, 2002 08:08AM
I just ran thro GP4 quickly and didnt find any problem at Turn1

Tried taking the track file from the GP4 CD and putting it back in, so you have a perfectly untocuhed track file?

Date: October 23, 2002 08:11AM
I already tried that Ellis :S

Date: October 23, 2002 08:17AM
something else is causing it

There is more than one factor which effects something in this game - like sometimes it tells the game to fetch liveries from other places - resulting in the white cars problem

GP4 is an extreamly complex game. Not because it has to be, but it seems as tho to stop us editing it

Date: October 23, 2002 08:47AM
Posted by: Doug
I had a similar problem at the first Lesmo at Monza, not every lap, but every so often, a car would just not bother turning and fly straight off.
Date: October 23, 2002 09:13AM
does this happen with gp4 out-of-the-box ? or have u been using editors or gpxpatch ? i could imagine that our editors change more than we think, because they made gp4 so complicated in an attempt to make it hard to edit. *'@§$%&

greetings, jp
Date: October 23, 2002 09:17AM
Yeah I use a lot of edited stuff, helmets, liveries, tarmac graphics etc etc

But not new tracks. Admittedly, one ofthe two tarmacs I have installed is at Suzuka - but this problem occured before I installed those.

Date: October 23, 2002 01:55PM
Posted by: Vader
I have cc-car problems at Suzuka turn 1 as well. It uis clearly a bug, since all cars go of the same way.

Last time JPM went into the gravel, spun and stopped with his rear to thecrash barrier. When he tried tio get out of the gravel, all of a sudden EI came spinning into his direction the same way and his car stopped with the rear at JPM's nose. Like pearls on a string.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 23, 2002 01:56PM
spelling mistakes in my previous post are due to bugs as well.

(I just don't know if the bug has occured BEFORE I installed Flo's brillaint 2002 season update)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 23, 2002 01:57PM
Exactly that! They follow one an-other into the same place, of the same corner, in exactly the same fashion.

Date: October 23, 2002 02:46PM
Hmm thats a good point....Flo's update mayhave messed it up...

Date: October 23, 2002 03:06PM
Posted by: simonsteele
I get this on GP3-2000, at hungary. they all go off at one corner.

I had a forti 1-2, and they were the only finishers.

Date: October 23, 2002 03:12PM
Yes, GP3 has many CC car problems. Think about Laguna Seca. 90% of the field goes off at corkscrew. Unfortantely chzech track MOST - one of my favs - has problems in the first chicane. If there are two cars close together you canbe sure they'll take each other out. Some Indianapolis (F1 version) track has problems with CC line, too.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 24, 2002 01:44AM
Posted by: mickg
Vader, I thought it was Boomy's influence that caused you to type incorrectly(see previous post)!

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy