Recommended GP4 Tracks

Posted by Ho3n3r 
Recommended GP4 Tracks
Date: February 04, 2010 09:52AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
I just had an idea because of the multiple frustrations I have had because of not being able to play full championships on some of the mods: for example, if you have a frustration with Istanbul - as we all apparently do - we can come to this thread and check/ask if there are any created versions that will work - like from a different author, or a newer version etc. Or in the above-mentioned track's case, we can look up other tracks, or request tracks, that never/almost never cause ctd's.

So we can have a list here of recommended tracks that you know will be the most consistent and reliable, and has a minimum amount of bugs, e.g. the Monaco of the 2005 trackpack where you drive inside the barriers more than you drive on the track would not be the recommended track.

I think this could be a useful thread, or what?

It can be done by request, like me asking for a reliable Turkey, so a recommended track could be given here, with links to the tracks if possible.

Then we can modify this post so that you always know the latest links are on page 1.

Tell me what you think.

Like this:

Surfer's Paradise
Surfer's Paradise by jimbob1, Tony, gildoorf, Ruboy and Paolo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2010 12:24PM by Ho3n3r.
Re: Recommended GP4 Tracks
Date: February 04, 2010 10:31AM
Posted by: skyline86
Bahrain, France, Barcelona, Hungary GP from F1virtual team. All of them is best track!
Date: February 04, 2010 12:54PM
Yeah, them I know! Thanks, will add them. But only if there are many people who think this is a worthwile thread.
Date: February 04, 2010 12:55PM
Posted by: Shaddix
Adelaide and Surfers Paradise are really nice!

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: February 04, 2010 02:08PM
Posted by: tumyeto
surfers paradise is fabulous my favorite track and the courses are so animated
Date: February 04, 2010 03:30PM
Posted by: bdtj1815
Shaddix
Adelaide and Surfers Paradise are really nice!

Does that mean that an Adelaide version has been released with the pitlane problems solved? Great news if yes the version I have is unraceable, except for quickraces, as the AI cannot pit.
Date: February 04, 2010 06:08PM
Posted by: rmfarey
Shaddix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adelaide and Surfers Paradise are really nice!

Adelaide was great, but I had the bug where the cars got stuck i the pitlane. Would be great if a fixed one was released!
Date: February 05, 2010 10:37AM
OK so can I link the F1 Virtual website for the Shanghai, Bahrain and Barcelona tracks on here? Don't wanna upset the authors.

NB: The Hungary track from them wouldn't work for this thread as it has a few weird bugs...
Date: February 05, 2010 11:57AM
Posted by: jwt
where can I download surfers paradise v.1.02? All the links I tried are down (gp4 italia, ...):(
Date: February 05, 2010 12:25PM
jwt: Check the first post for the link. Also, is the above SP track relatively bug-free and free of CTD's?
Date: February 05, 2010 02:06PM
Posted by: skyline86
Ho3n3r Wrote:
> OK so can I link the F1 Virtual website for the
> Shanghai, Bahrain and Barcelona tracks on here?
> Don't wanna upset the authors.
>
> NB: The Hungary track from them wouldn't work for
> this thread as it has a few weird bugs...

Which bug the hungary track have? Can you tell me?
Date: February 05, 2010 03:33PM
Well in the first race I tried, started with 18 fuel laps. Just before the end of the 2nd lap I had 16.1 fuel laps left. As I crossed the S/F line, suddenly I slowed down with no engine. The cause: 0.0 fuel laps.

2nd race I tried, crashed on 2nd lap. Tried to press enter to go into pits, but nothing. No pit signal on, and couldn't get into the pits. Neither have happened before or since so I concluded it was the track.
Date: February 05, 2010 05:06PM
Posted by: jimbob1
jwt Wrote:
> where can I download surfers paradise v.1.02? All
> the links I tried are down (gp4 italia, ...):(

a lot of the tracks _surfers v1.02 etc you'll find here

[www.grandprix4.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy