what is the best way to update gp4

Posted by danielklees 
what is the best way to update gp4
Date: February 02, 2010 09:53PM
Posted by: danielklees
Hello Guy,

I have a question, I have recently install my original copy of GP4 on my Mac with windows XP. I want to update it to most recent season. I have read few different tutorial, and some of them use CSM and others don't. What is the difference ??. I have download all the necessary file for the update. Any help would be appreciated

Sincerely,

Danielklees
Re: what is the best way to update gp4
Date: February 02, 2010 10:40PM
Posted by: james84
If you use CSM you just have to install the mods with self-installer and load them( with CSM. Some mods are real masterpieces and are worth a try, for example F1 1991 or DTM 2005 and 2006 available on www.grandprixx.com and www.gp4db.com.
If you want to have more recent cars (such as F1 2010) you have to wait for the cars to be released and install the addons as long as they are released... just be patient. It's not difficult to install them with Easywad (which comes with CSM) but takes a bit of time and you have to remove the old .gp4 and .tex files in the wads and to rename the .gp4 files in order to have the correct pitlane order. It takes a bit to understand how it works but once done you'll be very satisfied and will forget about the default 2001 cars!
Date: February 02, 2010 10:40PM
Posted by: mortal
You wont update to 2009 unless you download the cars etc. and build the wad yourself. If you want a complete season mod go to www.gp4db.com and download CSM and a complete season mod. It is unlikely a complete 2009 CSM Mod will be released due to authors permissions.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 02, 2010 11:10PM
Posted by: msater
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is
> unlikely a complete 2009 CSM Mod will be released
> due to authors permissions.

Remember the FSOne conversion! That may not come in a CSM file, but I'm sure it will be made into a CSM mod when it's released.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: February 02, 2010 11:32PM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I will try to install it.. I have the complete 2006 mod so I will give it a shot.
thanks for the help

sincerely,

danielklees
Date: February 03, 2010 08:02AM
Posted by: Macca25
I have installed the complete 2006 mod aswell, if you go onto YouTube and type in GP4 Mod Tutorial, you will find a great video that takes you through the whole thing step by step. That's what helped me to get mine up and running.

I hope that helps.
Date: February 03, 2010 06:33PM
hello,

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID :)) I USED THE SAME TUTORIAL.
Date: February 03, 2010 10:58PM
Posted by: mortal
Something wrong with the Caps lock key there. ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy